Bug with comments language even tho translations exists.

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Molle

Bug with comments language even tho translations exists.

Post by Molle » 10 Apr 2013, 11:33

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a wordpress mu site, using suffusion and creating my own child theme. I noticed something wierd that I can't seem to solve. I used the childtheme setup to incorporate the Swedish translation.

My site do not translate 6 different elements in comments.php even though they are in the sv_SE.po file. The 4 titles in the comment form:

"Name", "E-mail", "URI" and "Your Comment" does not get translated correctly. Neither does the 2x (required) and "You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong> "

Here is what I found in the sv_SE.po file, everything seems to be in order according to my small amount of knowledge.

#: functions/framework.php:96
msgid "Name"
msgstr "Namn"

#: functions/framework.php:98
msgid "E-mail"
msgstr "E-post"

#: functions/framework.php:99
msgid "URI"
msgstr "URL"

#: functions/framework.php:100
msgid "Your Comment"
msgstr "Din kommentar"

#: functions/framework.php:97
msgid "(required)"
msgstr "(obligatorisk)"

#: comments.php:110
msgid "You may use these <abbr title=\"HyperText Markup Language\">HTML</abbr> tags and attributes: %s"
msgstr ""

The last translation is fine by me, if it worked :)

Can anyone help me to solve this or is this a bug?

drake

Re: Bug with comments language even tho translations exists.

Post by drake » 18 Apr 2013, 11:35

Yes... a ladybug... As much different users can need much more than a translation, they wish to use their own words/phrases for those labels. At Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Comment Settings -> Comment Form Labels use your own ideas for those words...