Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.0

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
chrisguld
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 23:54

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by chrisguld » 14 Jul 2010, 18:09

Yes, I see the post type in the menu.
Here's a series of screenshots:

Current custom post type:
Image

Delete All:
Image

Add New Post Type:
Image

New Post Type shows in menu:
Image

Try to edit that custom post type:
Image

I'd be happy to give you an admin username and password if you wanted to go in and take a look yourself. :-)

liaroms
Posts: 48
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 04:55

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by liaroms » 19 Jul 2010, 11:34

Search is your friend, glad I found this

I have exactly the same problem as described above: I have tried disabling all plugins but it did not help.

I will admit I don't know much about the custom post types and taxonomies but I want to try and use them as a way to list Custom Windows Mobile ROMS, with a download Link. I assume anything can be substituted for the Book example?

liaroms
Posts: 48
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 04:55

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by liaroms » 20 Jul 2010, 13:25

Any chance of a fix for this and a how to? Still not working?

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by sayontan » 20 Jul 2010, 13:27

I cannot say without taking a look behind the scenes.

liaroms
Posts: 48
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 04:55

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by liaroms » 20 Jul 2010, 13:29

Ok I will PM you a admin login.

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by sayontan » 20 Jul 2010, 13:49

Update: This is a bug. I guess during the heavy code cleanup I did something that broke the functionality. I will fix it in version 3.5.9.

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by sayontan » 20 Jul 2010, 19:34

Here is the fix:
1. Open the file suffusion-options-page.php.
2. Look for the function suffusion_save_custom_post_type
3. You will see this line:

Code: Select all

		if (isset($post_type_index) && $post_type_index != '') {
4. Change it to:

Code: Select all

		if (isset($post_type_index) && $post_type_index != '' && $post_type_index != -5) {
5. Now look for the function suffusion_save_custom_taxonomy
6. You will see this line:

Code: Select all

		if (isset($taxonomy_index) && $taxonomy_index != '') {
7. Change it to:

Code: Select all

		if (isset($taxonomy_index) && $taxonomy_index != '' && $taxonomy_index != -5) {

liaroms
Posts: 48
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 04:55

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by liaroms » 21 Jul 2010, 01:55

Sorry, but this fix did not work. I made the changes exactly as above but I still have the same issue for both Custom Type, and Taxonomies.

Thanks for the try, maybe have another look if possible.

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by sayontan » 21 Jul 2010, 03:52

Sorry, but this fix did not work. I made the changes exactly as above but I still have the same issue for both Custom Type, and Taxonomies.
I don't know where you made your changes, but they surely weren't in the place I suggested:
liaroms1.jpg
liaroms1.jpg (132.93 KiB) Viewed 5639 times
Please make the changes correctly.

liaroms
Posts: 48
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 04:55

Re: Custom taxonomies not displaying after upgrade RC3 to 3.

Post by liaroms » 21 Jul 2010, 05:00

Well I feel like a total idiot now. Since I have 3 different domains on this server I accidentally was editing the file for the wrong site. Which is no problem that site needed the edit also. But now that I have edited the right file it is working yes.

Sorry for the confusion. Now I just have to learn how to use the custom type post. lol

Locked