Gallery Columns Completely Messed Up.

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
OooWill

Gallery Columns Completely Messed Up.

Post by OooWill » 10 Jul 2010, 18:16

Hello All :)

Please HELP ME

I updated to 3.5.6 last night & it has completely messed up my gallery display, earlier when i logged into the dashboard it asked if i wanted to upgrade to the newest version 3.5.7 & i obviously did this in the hopes the it would fix the problem, but unfortunately it hasn't.

Please see pictures below, in the past it has always accepted my choices regarding column display.

01.JPG
01 Columns
01.JPG (19.56 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
But as you can see below it is not working correctly, it is showing every single post in TWO columns.
It is an ADULT BLOG hence the cropped pictures.
02.JPG
This Is What It Is Displayed On My Blog.
02.JPG (48.95 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
I have already tested two other themes called Ali Han Neon 1.9.8 by Ali Han & also Black-LetterHead 1.5 by Ulysses Ronquillo and both of these themes instantly fixed the display issue with the pictures, but obviously i LOVE suffusion & i do not want to use another theme as suffusion is the best theme i have ever used & it has always worked flawlessly in the past.

Unfortunately i am not prepared to include a link to my blog as it deals with pictures of an adult nature & i do not want any minors entering the site.

If you need any further information please tell me what you need to know, as i desperately want to get this fixed as soon as possible, i am receiving loads of whiny complaints from my members & visitors because of all the scrolling involved.

Please help & thanks for any help you can provide.

Will. :)[/color]

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Gallery Columns Completely Messed Up.

Post by sayontan » 11 Jul 2010, 01:49

Probably a CSS change in the theme triggered this. Of course, without your links that is all I can guess. Do this - if you have Firefox install Firebug, then do an "inspect element" on the images and around the images. You will probably see something like much wider image containers etc. You can then use the Custom CSS concept in the tutorial to reduce the margin or padding around the images.

OooWill

Post by OooWill » 11 Jul 2010, 03:32

Ok

i just did as you asked & installed the Firebug thing, but all honesty i am completely out of my depth, i haven't got a clue what your looking for & what i'm supposed to do with it.

All i want is to have my pictures return back to the original three or four column display.

Below is the link for the main WARNING page of my site.
http:// --- Edited To Remove The Link As Problem Is Fixed Owing To Fantastic Help Below :D

Please find out what the problem is & tell me in IDIOT proof terms how to fix it.

Thanks

Will. :)
Last edited by OooWill on 11 Jul 2010, 04:34, edited 2 times in total.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 11 Jul 2010, 04:18

Go to Blog Features -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles and put in:

Code: Select all

dl {
    margin: 0;
}

OooWill

Post by OooWill » 11 Jul 2010, 04:30

Thank you

But seriously, thank you for fixing the issue.

Really appreciated.

Will. ... A very, very happy suffusion user :)

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 11 Jul 2010, 04:31

Can you edit your posts and delete the links in the above?