enabled comments --> sidebar disappeared !!! SOLVED

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
tavernolaincanto

enabled comments --> sidebar disappeared !!! SOLVED

Post by tavernolaincanto » 19 Oct 2010, 04:19

Just upgraded to 3.6.6 version and this is the problem: in every page i have enabled comments the sidebar disappeared and below comments i can read this error message:

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function display_cryptographp() in /membri/tavernolaincanto/blog/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1577

If i close comments in the page/post ...the sidebar appeared again.

I changed the line:
$template_prefixes = apply_filters('suffusion_filter_template_sidebars', $template_sb);
At first It seams to work... but then the problem appeared again... :(

Can you help me?? I'd like to activate comments... thank you

my site: http://tavernolaincanto.altervista.org/blog/
Last edited by tavernolaincanto on 19 Oct 2010, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.

Colin

Re: enabled comments --> sidebar disappeared !!!

Post by Colin » 19 Oct 2010, 04:42

It looks like the upgrade of the them failed to copy all the files over properly.

With your ftp programme or cpanel file manager completely delete the entire suffusion theme directory and everything in it. Reinstall the suffusion theme with a new download from the Wordpress site. Don't worry all your settings are stored in the Wordpress database.

That should fix it for you.

tavernolaincanto

Post by tavernolaincanto » 19 Oct 2010, 05:27

I reinstalled the suffusion theme but the problem is not solved :cry:

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 19 Oct 2010, 06:38

This is not a theme bug. It looks like your WP install has either been hacked or is corrupt or has been edited. If you look at WP's standard comment-template.php file under wp-includes, you will not see the "display_cryptographp" anywhere (line 1577 is very different). It is nothing that the theme inserts and it seems to belong to a plugin (do a Google search on it). Either reinstall your WP files or replace that particular file with a clean copy from wordpress.org.

tavernolaincanto

Post by tavernolaincanto » 19 Oct 2010, 10:31

I reinstalled WP 3.01-it_IT and now it works !! thank you so much ... :D