NextGEN gallery images extremely distorted

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
sayontan
Site Admin

Re: NextGEN gallery images extremely distorted

Post by sayontan » 12 Nov 2010, 15:33

Interesting. It renders fine on IE7 and even on IE6, but not on IE8! You could make IE8 emulate IE7 by putting this in header.php, just before the line that says <link rel=...:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

liz5264

Post by liz5264 » 12 Nov 2010, 20:31

In case anyone else has this problem this is what I ended up doing in the nggallery.css file.

I did this
.ngg-gallery-thumbnail {
/*float: left;*/

That was enough to remove the distortion but keep the text.

Dark_Fox28

Post by Dark_Fox28 » 13 Nov 2010, 02:03

liz5264 wrote:In case anyone else has this problem this is what I ended up doing in the nggallery.css file.

I did this
.ngg-gallery-thumbnail {
/*float: left;*/

That was enough to remove the distortion but keep the text.
I am just wondering, was this only an issue which affected the front page of your wordpress site. ?

liz5264

Post by liz5264 » 13 Nov 2010, 06:04

It affected every page where I had used a gallery. It did not affect pages where I had manually inserted individual images.

Dennis HPC

Post by Dennis HPC » 12 Dec 2010, 17:08

I am also having the same problem with gallery thumbnails distorted using the Suffusion theme ad IE8. I went to the nggallery.css file to add the code that was suggested. However, Wordpress says that the nggallery.css is inactive. Should I still insert the code?

Dark_Fox28

Post by Dark_Fox28 » 14 Dec 2010, 01:02

I'm using Internet Explorer 9 Beta and not experiencing this issue, i didn't have an issue with I.E. 8 either, now i do have an issue with early photo galleries where i mistakenly set options wrong within NextGen but so far i am not seeing any issues with Suffusion and NextGen.

Bit strange that some are experiencing this but some are not, maybe we all need to put our heads together and write down our NextGen settings on this page so we can find a common variant with the issue.

Colin

Post by Colin » 14 Dec 2010, 04:40

I have the NextGen gallery on 4 sites with Suffusion and all are functioning perfectly.

Do you get the same problem with another theme? Disable all your other plugins other than NG and see if that is OK then. It is clearly a set of circumstances that is causing this and we will need to narrow down exactly what it is.

Radu

Post by Radu » 17 Dec 2010, 14:55

@Dark_Fox28

All your galleries are distorted using IE8 - see attached. If compatibility view of the browser is engage they look up fine.

@Colin - yours are OK, I've see that you enable 'view with piclens', but you have a client page of an artist where I've seen them distorted also

Personally I do have a lot of galleries and if I do not use 'the suggested fix' all of them are distorted.

Regards,

Radu
Attachments
NGG-issue.GIF
NGG-issue.GIF (130.59 KiB) Viewed 5858 times

Colin

Post by Colin » 18 Dec 2010, 00:43

Just a suggestion that may be worth trying.

Set the size of the thumbnail in custom css?

Code: Select all

.ngg-gallery-thumbnail-box {height: xxxpx; width: xxxpx}
It may fix the problem but still doesn't sort out the root cause.