"all in one SEO" plugin title & description issue

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
dzuchara

Re: "all in one SEO" plugin title & description issue

Post by dzuchara » 03 Dec 2010, 15:23

@sayontan

try to play with switching theme's SEO settings (disable/enable) - I suppose you will have the same issue very fast ;)

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 03 Dec 2010, 16:11

@dzuchara,
As I told you, I got it working with the code I gave you. I put in some additional code to display the title on the home page if you have no plugin AND if you have disabled the theme's SEO. Here is the code:

Code: Select all

if ($suf_seo_enabled != 'enabled') {
		if (is_home() || is_front_page()) {
			echo "\t<title>".get_bloginfo('name')."</title>\n";
		}
		else {
			echo "\t<title>".wp_title('&raquo;', false)."</title>\n";
		}
	}
Now, here are my results:
  1. Theme SEO -> disabled
    No SEO plugin installed
    Home Page title: Suffusion of Hues (this is correct - it is the same as the blog title)
    Individual Post Title: &raquo; What was that, CBS? (this is correct - it is the title of the post, and I have a &raquo; separator)
  2. Theme SEO -> enabled
    No SEO plugin installed
    Home Page title: Suffusion of Hues (correct - it is the same as the blog title)
    Individual Post Title: What was that, CBS? » Suffusion of Hues (correct - as per my theme's SEO settings)
  3. Theme SEO -> enabled
    All-in-One SEO plugin installed and enabled
    Home Page title: AIO SEO Home Page (home page title set in AIO options. Only 1 title appears, and SEO is overriding Suffusion)
    Individual Post Title: What was that, CBS? | Suffusion of Hues (title as per AIO options. Only 1 title appears and SEO is overriding Suffusion)
    Note that in this case you might have multiple declarations of other tags, because both settings are enabled.
  4. Theme SEO -> disabled
    All-in-One SEO plugin installed and enabled
    Home Page title: AIO SEO Home Page (home page title set in AIO options. Only 1 title appears, and SEO is overriding Suffusion)
    Individual Post Title: What was that, CBS? | Suffusion of Hues (title as per AIO options. Only 1 title appears and SEO is overriding Suffusion)
So it appears to me that all results are as I would expect them to be. Which setting do you want me to play with?

dzuchara

Post by dzuchara » 06 Dec 2010, 10:25

You already played with that...

With your new fix and themes SEO disabled (SEO plugin - enabled) the results are following:
1) "at home" in title it is simply blog name...
2) at post or page in title it is ">> <post_name>"

so that is better than EMPTY title but anyway title doesn't come from Plugin, as it should...

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 07 Dec 2010, 02:31

Are you sure your AIO plugin is activated in both places? It should be active in the main plugins page as well as "Enabled" on the AIO setup page. For the exact same test case that you mentioned I am getting correct results, hence I am inclined to think this is an error on your side.

Sayontan.

dzuchara

Post by dzuchara » 07 Dec 2010, 03:20

Yes, plugin is enabled everywhere...

thewebwriter

Post by thewebwriter » 08 Dec 2010, 11:45

I hope what I have to say will be helpful. The short story is that AIOSEO is only working if the Suffusion SEO is enabled. There was a support request a while back that I chimed in on because I was having a similar issue: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3203 -- the title tag wasn't cooperating and it seemed Suffusion was somehow overrriding AIOSEO.

I had seen that that issue was resolved in the latest version, which I upgraded to yesterday. In the first instance, it was just the title tag that wasn't cooperating. After the upgrade yesterday, none of the AIOSEO data was making it into the code (no title, description, keywords). I too went through various configurations as you've been struggling with, but I could not get anything from the AIOSEO appearing, and then went to AIOSEO info where he suggests that if AIOSEO is "broken" / not working, activate the default theme or another theme, and if that doesn't work, then request his support. So, although I was leery about losing Suffusion settings if I switched, I took the dive and activated the default TwentyTen theme and voila - the data was all there. I switched back to Suffusion theme, and it was gone -- until I clicked the "Enable SEO" radio button again in Suffusion options, and voila, all is great. I just tested it out again before posting this: Disable SEO, everything disappears; Enable SEO and everything is fine. (And, BTW, I activated Maintenance Mode before switching themes in case that matters.)

I'm happy to have it sorted without going into any theme files and coding and will just keep my eye out for any further developments or fixes.

I hope I've been able to shed some light somewhere on where the problem might be.
I lovvvve Suffusion - thank you so much Sayontan.

codigoadicto

Post by codigoadicto » 08 Dec 2010, 12:14

Hi!!, I'm Anthuan from codigoadicto.com,
I have a problem with the new update is the same the 3.7.1, what happens is that I have the plugin All-In-One-SEO-Pack in version 1.6.13 and the matter is that when you turn off the SEO theme do not show me the words of the title (Home Title).

what do you think could be?

Sorry for my english! :D

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 08 Dec 2010, 12:54

@TheWebWriter,
Did you try the fix on this post: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 773#p14595 ?

thewebwriter

Post by thewebwriter » 08 Dec 2010, 13:07

No, I didn't see that until today - I had done all of what I spoke of yesterday. And, I didn't want to have to go into code and theme files if I don't have to...also, I just looked at the fix again and it seems to only be dealing with title and my issue was with all AIOSEO data...

Do I need to do the fix via the code - or do you need me to try it to see if it works for me?

codigoadicto

Post by codigoadicto » 08 Dec 2010, 15:49

@sayontan

I tried what this post: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 59&p=14773 # p14595 and apparently it works, because I use a SEO program and gave it to obtain the title page and get it exactly like this in ALL-IN-ONE-PACK-SEO but the title is not displayed in the browser, that's good or is there something else that should be made?