Rel Canonical In Header Section

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.

Rel Canonical In Header Section

Postby Dark_Fox28 » 04 Apr 2010, 02:45

Hi

Google recently released new pageranks and i did have a pagerank of 2 and seemed to be moving up in the world because i know from installing Google Analytics that my blog is getting more visitors each day but here comes my problem.

Google webmasters is reporting a lot of duplicate content on my site, now obviously it isn't really duplicate content and it's actually finding stuff i posted to Digg or Twitter or tags and archives within the site and reading this as duplicate content and i have been penalised for it as i'm now down to pagerank 1 despite getting many more visitors each day.

I know Wordpress is supposed to have a Canonical Rel within its header but i don't see it when i click view page source. I have added it to the suffusion theme header and i wondering if on the next release you can have this in the header section.

Update to post:
I actually added a Canonical Url plugin which is working great now.
Mal
---------------------------------------------------
http://www.darkrealmfox.com/film_reviews/
Dark_Fox28

Return to Feature Requests