Influencing "feature post" display order

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
kurdi

Influencing "feature post" display order

Post by kurdi » 19 Jul 2010, 14:15

I added a page as a feature post and was disappointed that the page was listed AFTER all other posts from my "feature" category were displayed.

I tried changing the date on the page to most recent, but it didn't work.

Is there any way that the featured article from "pages" can be displayed ahead of the featured posts?

Thanks
PS: I searched for "feature post order' and found some forum entries, but none that spoke to this particular problem (or so it seemed).

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Influencing "feature post" display order

Post by sayontan » 19 Jul 2010, 14:19

No, this cannot be done.

Dark_Fox28

Post by Dark_Fox28 » 19 Jul 2010, 15:08

kurdi wrote:I added a page as a feature post and was disappointed that the page was listed AFTER all other posts from my "feature" category were displayed.

I tried changing the date on the page to most recent, but it didn't work.

Is there any way that the featured article from "pages" can be displayed ahead of the featured posts?

Thanks
PS: I searched for "feature post order' and found some forum entries, but none that spoke to this particular problem (or so it seemed).
If the pages have an ID number and i think they do ( not sure ) then maybe using the featured posts widget and put the page ID number as the first entry and it will always show up first.

I'm going to test this for you and see if it works and i'll be right back with the info.

Nope it didn't work for me, i thought since there is a post ID for the page that i could mix this with the other post ID's but put it at the front and it would display first, nothing happens other than the posts display, the page does not display when you do that, still it was a worthwhile attempt, it just didn't work.
Last edited by Dark_Fox28 on 20 Jul 2010, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.

christian15213

Post by christian15213 » 20 Jul 2010, 03:42

Yea, it seems WP treats pages as static posts or something rather than a way to introduce your page as in a CMS.

As an idea, would it be possible to have the Magazine page, or other template, use the "widget area below header" as a widget to post a pages text. This area would be a way to make a page like section for that area and thus the normal and thus below that information would be the featured post and everything else.