Theme tab revision

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.

Theme tab revision

Postby dglenn99 » 15 Aug 2010, 08:11

This is something of a minor 'complaint', but options for the theme is the last menu in a long series of menu choices in the admin menu. With the removal of the Tabs within the theme settings to select the various options, now in the admin menu set, it has become awkward to navigate. Can the tabs be restored so I can access them within the theme settings venue rather than scrolling all the way to the bottom of the menus and making the selection?

Thank you for considering a return to the older style, or giving us an option to enable the old style internal theme menu.
dglenn99

Re: Theme tab revision

Postby sayontan » 15 Aug 2010, 08:31

No - absolutely no consideration for this. The admin page is heavy as it is and putting everything on one screen with multiple tabs makes it about 5 times heavier.
Sayontan Sinha | http://mynethome.net/blog | http://www.aquoid.com/news
I don't do freelance work (for Suffusion or otherwise), so please don't contact me for quotes or offers.
sayontan
Site Admin

Postby dglenn99 » 15 Aug 2010, 08:55

Oh well :-) I can live with it, just terminally lazy!
dglenn99

Postby Connie » 15 Aug 2010, 13:19

Sayontan,

I think the question was not to put all options in one page, but to bring back the links to the different option pages to the top.
Since the last upgrade they sit in the Suffusion menu at the bottom of the administration page and it is very uncomfortable that you have to scroll down when you want to switch to another option page, after the saving of options brought you back to the top of the option page..

it is a question of usability... and I feel a little annoyed by that as well, I checked whether I could place the menu options in another sidebar of the admin page, but there is only one sidebar unfortunately ;=(

Cheers, Connie
Connie

Postby dglenn99 » 16 Aug 2010, 08:02

Well said. That is what I meant, but you were clearer about it :) I don't think it would be a big issue to restore them... but I my programming skills are only on a scripting level, not a project this large. If he says it would not be possible, so be it :-)

I'm amazed he has the time to put as much effort into this fine theme, support it, improve upon it, and skill hold down a regular job that probably demands 45-50 hours a week itself. Ah, the joy of youth.

Regards,
Doug
dglenn99

Return to Feature Requests