Problems after upgrade to Woocommerce 2.0.2

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

Problems after upgrade to Woocommerce 2.0.2

Postby Bas » 08 Mar 2013, 13:43

Earlier this week I updated my WP website to Woocommerce version 2.0.2.
Unfortunately some things went wrong in my shop and I don’t know how to fix this.

There are 3 issues:
• See: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/product/demper-140x220mm-turbotight-l250mm/
Problems occur with Variable Products on the Product Pages.
Dropdown Boxes for selection of the Variations are visible, but selection cannot be made. The Product Variations are set in the shop background correctly.

• See: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/rvs-uitlaatsystemen/aston-martin/
All Products are in one Column --------> Products used to be in 4 columns.

Same problem is also shown for Related Products on Product Pages .
Related Products shown in 1 column ---- > Used to be 2 Columns

• See: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/universele-uitlaatdelen/
I use Widget “Woocommerce Layered Navigation” in the Sidebar area.
The Orange Bullets and Text aren’t lined out any more

I’m using a Child Theme. Please let me know how I must edit the PHP files to correct these problems.
I’m not a Programmer :? ----- but I can use FTP, PHP editor and Copy/Paste/Drag & Drop.
So please let me know what files I have to modify and please give me detailed instructions how I can put these in my Child Theme directories.

Please help me out!!! ---- Thanks for your time & effort! :D

I use the following products:
WordPress 3.5.1. / Woocommerce 2.0.2. / Theme: Suffusion with Suffusion Commerce Pack 1.10
Bas

Re: Problems after upgrade to Woocommerce 2.0.2

Postby janbletz » 09 Mar 2013, 08:01

Regarding your second problem. I solved this issue by adding the following code to my custom css (Drake thought this up, this is abacadabr for mee, but it worked):

Code: Select all
    .woocommerce .products ul, .woocommerce ul.products, .woocommerce-page .products ul, .woocommerce-page ul.products {width:100%;}
    .woocommerce ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product {width:30%;clear:none;}

Th first issue you have might have to do with your cache. Dit you reset it?

Third issue: no idea.

Jan
janbletz

Postby drake » 09 Mar 2013, 12:49

All the problems are created by the update of woocommerce. It is a major update and things can go wrong. They stated often on their blog... and I understand that even plugin tell before the update that you need a back-up because the database will be changed.

For 1. I can't tell nothing - in the markup I don't see any variable product, there is only the line which tell to choose something. The plugin don't output nothing. Can try to re-save/update the product, maybe will rewrite correctly the database.

For 2. Add the code posted by Jan at Suffusion Options -> Back-end -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles. The code overwrite the plugin styles (see .woocommerce class) so the unordered list of products will fill all page width (instead of a column of 190px) and the list elements will float one next to other (with clear:both the authors of plugin blocked the floating so elements stay in a column, not in rows).

For 3. Add also at Custom Styles:

.woocommerce .widget_layered_nav ul li a, .woocommerce-page .widget_layered_nav ul li a, .woocommerce .widget_layered_nav ul li span, .woocommerce-page .widget_layered_nav ul li span {padding: 0 0 0 22px;}

(the code re-add the padding between bullets and text, padding settled by plugin to 0px).
drake

Postby Bas » 09 Mar 2013, 14:17

Thanks for you support!

I've tried you suggestions and found out the following:

Issue 1:
I re-saved/updated a existing product, but I cannot make a choice in variations in my Product Page. I also made a totally new Variable Product with Attributes and Variations and saved it (hoping the Database pick this up correctly), but unfortunately I still cannot make a choice in variations on my Product Page??!! :roll:

Issue 2:
I copied the following code in Suffusion Options -> Back-end -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles
    .woocommerce .products ul, .woocommerce ul.products, .woocommerce-page .products ul, .woocommerce-page ul.products {width:100%;}
    .woocommerce ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product {width:30%;clear:none;}

See results:http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/rvs-uitlaatsystemen/aston-martin/
Situation is better now but Product don't display correct. They don't line up in Row correctly and there are strange gaps between them?? I used to work with 4 rows??!!

Issue 3:
YES !!! Thats working. I put this code in my Child Theme at Dashboard --> Appearance --> CSS editor. Is that the correct location? It seems to work. I put it in my child theme so the code will stay also after updating the Parent Theme, correct??

I hope you can figure things out for issues 1 and 2.

Thanks for your quick responce. I'm a Newby, but feel much more secure knowing that folks like you are willing to help out !! That's great! :P :D
Bas

Postby drake » 09 Mar 2013, 19:13

For 1. I still haven't any clue. As I said, I cannot see any variation there. Is not hided or not visible, is not there. Better is to ask their support.

For 2. Just change width:30%; with width:21.5%; in the second line. In my original post I specified that. Replace that line with:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product {width:21.5%;clear:none;}

Usually we add all these CSS codes at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles. But they works also if are added at Appearance -> CSS Editor, only that area aren't under control of theme, there are just a plugin installed by Jetpack. If you add codes in the theme, will be saved with the theme options, otherwise not.
drake

Postby Bas » 10 Mar 2013, 04:25

Hi Drake,

Issue 1:
That's a real worry for me....I posted a support ticket to Woothemes Support. They asked me to confirm that the suffusion theme is Woocommerce 2 compatible. In WP-ADMIN Dashboard the plugin Woocommerce stated "Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support". Is this correct and do you know if suffusion is Woocommerce 2 compatible (or will be in short time?) I cannot find any information on the suffusion theme website?? What would be a wise thing to do now, what would be my next step??? :oops: :?

Issue 2:
We're almost there. I changed the 30% in 21.5% and 4 columns are visible ---- GREAT!! ...., but other strange things occure
see: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/universele-uitlaatdelen/page/2/
Some spaces are blank (see row 2) and spaces between products are sometimes in overlap (see row 3)

New Issue: On the Product Pages the Related Products also line up in 1 Column/2 Rows ---- > These used to be in 2 collums/1 row (looks much better), How can this be changed?

I use a Child Theme of Suffusion and I put all your CSS codes in Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles.
Will these codes still be there after any WP/Suffusion upgrades?...... (Upgrades are making me a bit nervous at the moment :)
Bas

Postby drake » 10 Mar 2013, 08:07

Suffusion is not compatible with any plugin. Suffusion is a theme - it provide a "container" where the WordPress content is presented as you wish. It provide tools to present the WordPress content as you wish.

Now, there are thousands of plugins for WordPress. Those which not need a special markup will works out of the box in Suffusion. By eg. Mingle Forum or TheCartPress e-commerce plugin. Opposite, other plugins force their own templates. Is the case of BBPress for forums, AND WOOCOMMERCE. For those plugins, which are used on a large extent, Sayontan provided additional integration packs (plugins). Like Suffusion Commerce Pack.

Suffusion Commerce Pack just add the elements needed for correct flow of elements in Suffusion. Don't remove and don't add content. The content is added only by the original plugin. Suffusion or Suffusion Commerce Pack don't calculate prices, don't add or remove variations for products. Even the problems with the lists of products are generated by the woocommerce.css, file bundled in plugin. My codes overwrites their styles for showing your products in the right way. Compatible? While your sidebars are in their places and not below content, Suffusion is compatible.

I can think at only one thing - they added a new hook for variations in the new version and this hook wasn't included in Suffusion Commerce Pack and need to be... But for this you need to wait for Sayontan, even because I don't have installed woocommerce anywhere for testing (and will never not be installed, just because I don't like them - I use Jigoshop)

Now, for correcting the columns layout need to add a height too for products. Change that line with 21.5% to:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products li.product {width: 21.5%;clear: none;height: 220px;}

If is needed can slightly adjust that value of 220px.

For related products add at Custom Styles:
.woocommerce .related ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page .related ul.products li.product, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul.products li.product, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul.products li.product, .woocommerce .related ul li.product, .woocommerce-page .related ul li.product, .woocommerce .upsells.products ul li.product, .woocommerce-page .upsells.products ul li.product {width: 47.5%;}

Finally, YES, the changes added at Suffusion Options (including these codes added at Custom Styles) will be safe in case of upgrades.
drake

Postby Bas » 10 Mar 2013, 15:06

I know now that Woocommerce force their own templates and Themes provided additional integration packs (plugins). Like Suffusion Commerce Pack. So, please correct me if I'm wrong, it's obvious that with a major database-update for Woocommerce 2 also Suffusion Commerce Pack needs to update to handle and display the coding correctly?? Like you suggest, probably they use new 'Hooks' etc that has to be handled differently in the Suffusion Commerce Pack! Does Sayontan already know these problems? How can I contact him?

Issue 2:
Thanks for the extra coding for the columns! I had to change the 220px to 280px because not everything was displayed fully.
The fixed height can work out fine, but is it also possible to automate this value to the content of the Item Frame?
see: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/rvs-uitlaatsystemen/
This categorie uses Larges Picture with different dimensions, Full descriptions (2 or 3 lines) and Buttons
and
see: http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/winkel/product-categorie/universele-uitlaatdelen/
This categorie uses fixed dimension Smaller Pictures. The Black Space between Button and Item Frame is rather big.

About the Related Products:
They are in 2 colums now. That's much better only all the other functions has disappeared (also before your coding. I miss the Description, Button (Buy, Choose Selection, Info), hoovering the picture displayed the pictures description etc.

It looks to me that new issues will emerge. It would be wise to get some information from Sayontan, don't you agree??
Bas

Postby sayontan » 10 Mar 2013, 15:19

Bas wrote:Does Sayontan already know these problems? How can I contact him?

If you are a new user and you have had your post show up on the forum after a few days of posting, it means I have approved your post. Given that the number of posts I have to approve on a daily basis is less than 5% (the rest is spam), I do read what I am approving.

Regarding WooCommerce, anything they have done on the database side is strictly their domain. Suffusion Commerce Pack only intends to build a bridge between Suffusion and WooCommerce from a template perspective.

I have not tested Suffusion Commerce Pack with WooCommerce 2. The quote "Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support" means that I don't have this line in my code:
add_theme_support('woocommerce');

It is just a fancy way of doing ... nothing (from Suffusion's point of view). I could add this line in the code and still have absolutely ghastly results for WooCommerce. Of course, WooCommerce might have extensive logic based on this "theme support" - I don't know.

From my point of view there are 3 things I will do:
1. Add the "theme support"
2. Include the styles that Drake provided
3. Make sure that the template markup is not broken.

Anything beyond the above is not in the scope of SCP. Given my current workload I cannot commit to a date for delivering this code, but it is something I will provide in the next few weeks.
Sayontan Sinha | http://mynethome.net/blog | http://www.aquoid.com/news
I don't do freelance work (for Suffusion or otherwise), so please don't contact me for quotes or offers.
sayontan
Site Admin

Postby Bas » 11 Mar 2013, 13:25

Hi Sayontan, Thank you very much for your comments. First I like to say that I like your Suffusion Theme very much (like lots of others do). I really understand it takes a lot of work and time.
I really appreciate that you're willing to check on the Suffusion Commerce Pack and I'm looking forward to that update!

Drake In the earlier posts I said:
Problems occur with Variable Products on the Product Pages.
Dropdown Boxes for selection of the Variations are visible, but selection cannot be made. The Product Variations are set in the shop background correctly.

I updated to Woocommerce 2.0.3 today and made a new Variable Product with attributes and Variations but also filled in some Prices. That was the trick :oops: because Variations only can be selected in the Product Page, when Prices are filled in for that Product!!!
http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl/product/test-2/
For all the other Variable Product in my database, I didn't fill in the Prices because I wanted to do that later when my site goes online!! Before Woocommerce 2 it was possible to select variations for products while prices we're empty. So technically at was possible to select a variable product with Price =0 and put it in the Basket! :|
So the Variation issue seems to be solved !!
Bas

Next

Return to Support Requests