Comments Loop

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
migf1

Comments Loop

Post by migf1 » 02 Jul 2010, 05:31

Hello Sayontan!

I'm having trouble installing the Editable Comments plugin in Suffusion 3.0.9, because I cannot figure out where exactly inside suffusion/comments.php I should insert the extra code, so it shows up inside the comment-loop next to the other similar options (in the line starting with the date, time, etc, under the name of each comment's author).

BTW, I've noticed you have almost completely rewritten comments.php and you kept the original one as legacy_comments.php.

Anyway, could you please point me out where exactly I should place the extra code? I don't mind that this is not an upgrade friendly method (unless there is one with the same results). I'm still on Suffusion 3.0.9 for this reason (bored of re-passing my edits to the new version :D )

Thanks in advance

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Comments Loop

Post by sayontan » 02 Jul 2010, 06:18

You have to ask your plugin authors how to modify functions.php for the call to wp_list_comments. Once you have that, go to filters.php, then search for the function suffusion_list_comments() and modify the call to wp_list_comments() appropriately.

migf1

Post by migf1 » 02 Jul 2010, 09:01

Thanks for the quick answer, unfortunately I didn't understand it :oops:

Here's the plugin's page on the official Wordpress Plugins Directory, which is in English, thus it could perhaps be more helpful.

I've managed to put the code outside of the comment loop, but that's the farthest I could go :|

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 02 Jul 2010, 09:06

The French is not the problem (I can somewhat understand it). It is the fact that I don't know what to do. If you look at the French page it says that you have to modify functions.php if you are using wp_list_comments() (which I am using). But it doesn't say what you have to do to modify it. That is what I asked you to request the author for. I have already told you where to make the edits; my call to wp_list_comments() is not in functions.php, but filters.php.

If you ask me, I would say drop this plugin - something that is asking you to edit theme files is very poorly designed.

migf1

Post by migf1 » 02 Jul 2010, 09:31

Hi Sayontan, thanks again!

I'm trying really hard for over a week now to find a free plugin that will allow my subscribed members to edit and/or delete their own comments, alas in vain. I believe it's a cool and useful feature (may be a good idea to implement it in Suffusion too :))

That's why I ended-up to this plugin, it's the only one with which I am so close into making it work :D

I'll try asking the plugin's author what you told me to ask him and if he answers I'll go from there. If I have success, I'll write back here in case it helps someone else :)

Regards!

migf1

Post by migf1 » 02 Jul 2010, 09:45

Btw, I just asked him :)