WooCommerce Page layout

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
pennardesign

WooCommerce Page layout

Post by pennardesign » 08 Apr 2014, 04:04

Hi

I installed Woocommerce yesterday and have added some products, however I cannot get it to fit the pages width, is there anyone here who has resolve this issue? http://www.greytreesbrewery.com/online-shop

Regards

Brian

Colin

Re: WooCommerce Page layout

Post by Colin » 08 Apr 2014, 05:20

Have you got the Suffusion eCommerce plugin installed? If not add it and then come back and let us know so that we can see what we can do to assist.

pennardesign

Post by pennardesign » 08 Apr 2014, 07:18

Colin yes I do have the Suffusion ecommerce plugin installed.

drake

Post by drake » 08 Apr 2014, 19:10

Your markup is completely broken. In the line 10, at the beginning of <head> section, you've added a link: <a id="beerHeader" href="beers"></a>. But such tags cannot lives in <head>, so the browsers consider that <body> section is already started and from here all things go mad... Is only jeopardy now what scripts or styles are rendered... Need to fix this before any other thing.

pennardesign

Post by pennardesign » 09 Apr 2014, 00:41

Drake - thank you so much for the reply I have now removed the code I place in the header, can you please now take a look at my problem as its still not showing full page.

Brian

pennardesign

Post by pennardesign » 09 Apr 2014, 02:29

Drake

I have now unintalled woocommerce and installed 'Jigoshop' because this is supported by 'Suffusion', how when I try and use the 'Drop Down' Suffusion theme settings I get the error message: 'You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.' This is slowly diving me mad!

This still breaks the theme settings.

Another site I have created which I have installed the 'Jigoshop' and it down not alter the shop page layout: www.rugbygems.co.uk/shop

Regards

Brian

pennardesign

Post by pennardesign » 09 Apr 2014, 09:33

Drake

I almost fixed my problem, it now shows full width but it pushes the side bar just a little off the page. I have thought about un installing and re installing 'Suffusion' will it keep my settings?

Regards

Brian

Colin

Post by Colin » 09 Apr 2014, 11:03

Brian

It will keep your settings they are stored in the database and are NOT deleted when you delete the theme. You can therefore safely delete it and then install a new copy.

pennardesign

Post by pennardesign » 09 Apr 2014, 13:48

Oh well deleted the theme and re-installed it! No change to the shop page and all the work I did to make it look OK has gone! Where am I going wrong?

drake

Post by drake » 09 Apr 2014, 19:18

1. Suffusion Commerce pack works also with Woocommerce as with Jigoshop. But Woocommerce come with some styles which break their own output and you probably have found on this forum the lines of code for correcting this. But on each site, those lines need little adjustments depending by the number of products per row displayed and the width of the site.

2. Following Colin's advice you will not lose any customization, with only one condition. All your customizations need to be made by the way of Suffusion Options (including Custom Includes section). If you make changes in files (like style.css by eg.), these changes are gone for good... For making changes in files in a safe mode, you need a child theme. This is true for any other theme, or for plugins - never edit their files, at the first update you will lose all changes.

3. Your shop page looks ok now. If you want a more "themed" look, use one of the solutions which I proposed here: http://www.drafie-design.nl/themed-jigoshop-1-8/
But keep in mind that Jigoshop or Woocommerce will use the layout settled at Suffusion Options -> Layouts -> Default Sidebar Layout so, if you want to have No Sidebars for shop page will have to change the Default Layout then select 1R Sidebar at Additional Options for Suffusion for each other regular pages. Or, live with that sidebar where can use only some useful Jigoshop widgets (with Display Widgets or Dynamic Widgets can restrict the widgets only to Jigoshop pages)