Clean subpage

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
lensv

Clean subpage

Post by lensv » 15 Oct 2016, 05:44

Here's a fast one... Is it possible to create a subpage that is all blank, without lots of custom CSS in Suffusion?

Colin

Re: Clean subpage

Post by Colin » 15 Oct 2016, 06:11

You can just create a page with no content on it. And in the 'Additional Options For Suffusion' select do not show the title.

lensv

Post by lensv » 15 Oct 2016, 08:29

Yes, but that doesn't hide other objects like sidebars, widgets etc. I would need a page that is completely blank. How do I accomplish that?

Colin

Post by Colin » 15 Oct 2016, 12:31

Just use the no sidebars layout on the page and you will be left with just the header and footer.

If you want to get rid of those two as well then you can do this with some custom CSS or create your own page template in a child theme.

lensv

Post by lensv » 15 Oct 2016, 23:29

Thanks Colin. There are still quite many objects/widgets outside the elements that can be hidden by the standard Suffusion options on this site, so I guess that a child theme may be the right way to go. I'm not familiar with that option though. How do I apply such a theme on a specific page?

Colin

Post by Colin » 16 Oct 2016, 06:01

Do a screen grab of a blank page as currently created and show on it what you want removed.

As to a child theme there is an excellent article all about child themes in the Wordpress Codex and also on Sayontan's site there is a basic Suffusion child theme for youto download and use. You would then have to create a new page template with just the items that you want on it and add this to the child theme and then assign it to your blank page.

lensv

Post by lensv » 16 Oct 2016, 10:22

You don't happen to have a link to that article? What I need is a totally blank page with no elements at all. Is there such a theme available somewhere?

lensv

Post by lensv » 21 Oct 2016, 07:10

Now I have read a little about child themes. 2 questions...

1) How do I attach a child theme to a specific page or blog post (is it even possible)?
2) Is there a blank templates available (ready to use), i.e. one with no columns, sidebars, header, footer etc. Just a clean page with a solid background color?

Colin

Post by Colin » 21 Oct 2016, 09:05

No the child theme applies to the whole site.

You need to create the page template yourself using the existing one as the basis but it needs a new name needless to say. You then need to assign that new page template to your page.

lensv

Post by lensv » 21 Oct 2016, 10:36

Colin wrote:No the child theme applies to the whole site.
So, then we're back at square one... Is custom CSS the only way to accomplish this?