viewport meta tag

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
lzr0

viewport meta tag

Post by lzr0 » 01 Aug 2017, 13:55

Hi,
Is there anything in Suffusion that lets me add viewport meta tag in <head> section of html?
I have WP3.19.9, Suffusion 4.4.7
Thanks.

Colin

Re: viewport meta tag

Post by Colin » 02 Aug 2017, 23:32

I would seriously think about updating your Wordpress v4.8.1 was released yesterday.

To answer your question probably. One way of doing this would be to create a custom page template with your code in it. There may be others but I think I would do it this way.

lzr0

Post by lzr0 » 04 Mar 2018, 12:59

Colin wrote:...To answer your question probably. One way of doing this would be to create a custom page template with your code in it. There may be others but I think I would do it this way.
Colin, thanks, but I am afraid this would be above my head. For now I just put viewport tag in header.php and I don't plan to update Wordpress. The page width now is following the width of the screen, except for Header Foreground Image, which has fixed width.
My question is: in what php file the Foreground Image is defined? I just want to specify its width 100% instead of fixed one.

Colin

Post by Colin » 05 Mar 2018, 00:27

Sorry I don't know which file that is defined in as I didn't write the theme.

You can probably do this with some custom CSS using either cover or contain for the image.

As an aside you are leaving your site open to hacking using such an old version of Wordpress.

drake

Post by drake » 05 Mar 2018, 22:06

Hi lzr0,

Can copy header.php from suffusion folder to your child theme folder and edit the new file for adding new tags.
For using a child theme take a look at https://www.drafie-design.nl/3-5-easy-s ... suffusion/ (at Example 3 can see how to add things in header.php)

lzr0

Post by lzr0 » 06 Mar 2018, 07:34

drake wrote: Can copy header.php from suffusion folder to your child theme folder and edit the new file for adding new tags.
For using a child theme take a look at https://www.drafie-design.nl/3-5-easy-s ... suffusion/ (at Example 3 can see how to add things in header.php)
Hi, drake,
You probably replied to my original email in thread? My second question (I might have to post it in a new thread) was how to edit Foreground Image (set width:100%), so that it expands according to the screen- I just don't know in what php file the Foreground Image is defined.
Thanks,
lzr

drake

Post by drake » 06 Mar 2018, 14:36

For that you don't need to edit any file.
If you choose to use the responsive layout, can select "Resize header foreground images (logos) proportionately" at Suffusion Options -> Layouts -> Responsive Layout -> Header Foreground Images (Logos).
Otherwise, can obtain the same behavior by CSS, by adding at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles:

Code: Select all

.blogtitle a img {max-width: 100%; width:100%;} 

lzr0

Post by lzr0 » 06 Mar 2018, 18:51

drake,
Thank you. The responsive layout method for whatever reason did not do it, but css method did the job.
lzr