Text being cut off in tables

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

Text being cut off in tables

Postby davidrowell » 02 Nov 2017, 14:59

When I have a table in a post, the text in the right hand column is cut off when the page is published (it looks fine in the editor).

I've tried adding cell padding and cell spacing, and even tried putting the table inside another table, but the problem remains.

Here is an example - scroll down this page a bit to see the table

http://blog.thetravelinsider.info/2017/11/amazing-kazakhstan-expedition-borat-not-included.html

Can anyone suggest a cure?

Many thanks...... David.
davidrowell

Re: Text being cut off in tables

Postby Colin » 03 Nov 2017, 00:54

Your main content is too narrow. Set it to be 750px and your right sidebar 30px narrower and it will display fine.
Colin

Postby davidrowell » 03 Nov 2017, 01:19

Hi, Colin

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone into the Layouts - Default Sidebar Layout. I have two sidebars set, both on the right (as you can of course see - I'm just listing all the settings). For widths, I hvae 'custom sizes and margins' selected, and page width type set as fixed width.

The fixed width settings are for an overall page width of custom width constructed from individual components.

The custom component width for the main colum was 720, and I have increased it to 750, as you suggest.

The sidebar width settings were 220 and 165 pixels, I have decreased them to 190 and 165 pixels, again as you suggest.

I've then saved the page. But it looks the same.

I also played with other values, but nothing seemed to make any changes.

Is there another setting somewhere else I need to enable/disable/change?

Sorry for being a klutz, and many thanks for any further insight you can offer.

David.
davidrowell

Postby Colin » 03 Nov 2017, 14:26

David

This particular page has the single post layout enabled not the default layout. So you need to adjust this template too.
Colin

Postby davidrowell » 03 Nov 2017, 16:07

Hi, Colin

Thanks for your further help. I'm very sensitive to the fact that you're almost single-handedly carrying much of the Suffusion support burden at present, so I'm trying not to ask stupid questions. Alas, I fear I am.

I don't know what you mean by the single post layout being enabled, or where to find the instructions for defining a single post layout.

If I edit the page I see possibly relevant options

Format - I have this set as Standard

Additional Options for Suffusion
- Magazine Settings - neither option checked
- Layout - Default - Inherit default sidebar layout for your blog
- Images - both fields blank

If I look in Suffusion Options I can't recognize any of the options as referring to a single post layout. Perhaps you're using a shorthand phrase that is actually slightly differently described?

I do agree that obviously there is something else, somewhere else, overriding my settings, but I don't know what it is. I'm also a bit perplexed at how a standard table which presumably defaults to 100% of the space available to it ends up spilling over the right side, but I don't need to understand the how and why of that, merely to fix it!

Many thanks for any additional thoughts you may have.

David.
davidrowell

Postby Colin » 04 Nov 2017, 00:49

David

No problem that is how it is defined in the page code.

Go to Suffusion Options > Layouts > 1 Right Side Bar and set that up exactly the same as your default layout. That should do it.
Colin

Postby davidrowell » 04 Nov 2017, 10:17

Hi, Colin

Perfect, problem solved. Many thanks for saving the day.

David.
davidrowell

Postby davidrowell » 19 Dec 2017, 15:30

Hi

Can you tell me what page layout I should adjust for this page rather than post on my website which has the same problem. I don't know how to determine the page type.

https://blog.thetravelinsider.info/touring

Many tks

David.
davidrowell

Postby Colin » 20 Dec 2017, 00:44

Sorry I don't understand your question.
Colin

Postby davidrowell » 20 Dec 2017, 06:05

Hi, Colin

Earlier in this chain you had advised that to cause tables to display correctly in normal blog posts, it was necessary to adjust the width of the page in the Suffusion Options > Layouts > 1 Right Side Bar section.

Now I have a table in a 'page' rather than a post, and I have the same formatting problem. You can see how the right hand side is cut off here

https://blog.thetravelinsider.info/touring

Can you please advise where in Suffusion I can increase the width to correct this layout, too.

Many tks

David.
davidrowell

Next

Return to Support Requests