WP 5.0 Alpha & Suffusion OK

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

WP 5.0 Alpha & Suffusion OK

Postby Colin » 22 Nov 2017, 07:23

I have just done some testing and Suffusion still works fine with WP v5.0 Alpha and that includes the new Gutenberg editor.

This testing is not extensive and there may be some things that don't work but it is looking promising.
Colin

Re: WP 5.0 Alpha & Suffusion OK

Postby elodea » 04 Jun 2018, 10:36

Sounds good. Any new developments on the compatibility of WordPress with WP 5.0 Bèta?

I saw Drake has a version of March 2018 Suffusion 5.3 to be downloaded from his site. If that would be the way to go, I guess one would copy the files through sftp to the server and overrule the old files. But what would this mean for all personal settings one has chosen in an existing installation? What would be the best way to preserve them?

The Suffusion Options Manager has 3 options
* Export core options for use in other installations
You can export the options you have set in the theme. The options will be stored in a PHP file that you can save to your local disk. This does not export id-based options such as featured content setup, menus etc..
* Export all options for use in other installations
Like the previous export the options here will be stored in a PHP file that you can save to your local disk. This will export all options including menus etc..
* Import options from another installation
You can import options that you have exported from another installation.
---
I understand that the latest 'official' Suffusion release 4.4.9 uses an old version of php, so I wonder whether this would have any consequences for when one wants to save the individual settings of Suffusion.

Any ideas how to prepare for WP 5.0?
Thanks in advance for your kind information,
elodea

Postby Colin » 04 Jun 2018, 13:09

Suffusion 4.5.4 is available to download from the thread on this forum. It has been updated for PHP v7 and this is the version I have running happily on the latest WP v5 build.
Colin

Postby elodea » 04 Jun 2018, 22:22

Great to hear, Colin. I found the latest version in this thread: https://aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34241

Do you also happen to know:
- What would be the best option to save the current personal settings?
- Do I replace the old files with the new files? Or would it be better to put a completely new install in place?
elodea

Postby Colin » 05 Jun 2018, 06:46

All the settings are stored in the database so you don't have to do anything about them.

The best way to install the new version is to copy the new files over the top of the old ones on your server. Use ftp or file manager in cPanel or whatever the equivalent is in Plesk to transfer the files to exactly the same folder as now.
Colin

Postby elodea » 05 Jun 2018, 08:00

Thanks, Colin.
elodea

Postby boardtc » 15 Jun 2018, 07:56

Thanks Colin! Phew :D I was worried!
boardtc

Return to Support Requests