How To Assign A Header To Responsive Nav Menu?

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

How To Assign A Header To Responsive Nav Menu?

Postby shurimano » 09 May 2018, 20:14

Hello!

My site is setup to use fluid widths and breakpoints. Although, the breakpoints don't appear to be working at their specified pixels.

However, when the navigation menu (below header) is converted from a list to a dropdown selection, it automatically selects the last option by default. I'd much rather have it say "Navigation".

Is there a way I can do this? I attempted to modify suffusion.js, by changing the header to true, but that didn't seem to have any effect.
shurimano

Re: How To Assign A Header To Responsive Nav Menu?

Postby drake » 11 May 2018, 15:50

Can use my plugin - Suffusion Collapse Menu - look at downloads section in sidebar.

Will replace the list with a collapsible menu with the "sandwich" icon as header. The color of icon can be changed from Customizer -> Colors.
If you don't like the sandwich icon at all, can add at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles:
Code: Select all
.nav-toggle::before {content:"Menu";}

(or any word you want)

(I removed the plugin from repository because was nervous when they removed the theme, but the plugin don't have security or compatibility problems)
drake

Return to Support Requests