update broke my site!!

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
MasterC3501

update broke my site!!

Post by MasterC3501 » 12 Feb 2010, 14:22

please help i updated 3.3.3 and now getting

Warning: include_once(/home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-definitions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 72

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-definitions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 72

Warning: include_once(/home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-options.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 73

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-options.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 73

Warning: require_once(/home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/suffusion.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/a/s/masterc3501/html/ecigsavings/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1211

cant get into site or admin panel nothing!! please help please!!

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: update broke my site!!

Post by sayontan » 12 Feb 2010, 14:31

Download the file for 3.3.3 from here, unzip it and replace the existing suffusion folder: http://suffusion.googlecode.com/files/s ... .3.3.3.zip

MasterC3501

Post by MasterC3501 » 12 Feb 2010, 14:40

shew thank you! i about had a heart attack and cried lol. stupid me didnt have a flipping backup lol. So i see that our settings we chose in suffsion isnt stored in the suffusion file then cause they see to still be there. Where are they stored at?

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 12 Feb 2010, 14:48

Your settings will be safe because they are in a DB, so unless you suffer from a DB crash you will be covered. Mind you, in case of a DB crash your posts too will suffer, not just the settings.

MasterC3501

Post by MasterC3501 » 12 Feb 2010, 15:05

im backing up my db and site as we speak heh

purrlman

Post by purrlman » 13 Feb 2010, 06:12

replace the folder where? How?

Connie

Post by Connie » 13 Feb 2010, 08:04

replace the folder where? How?
well, you have FTP-access to your server or web-ftp-access, right?

If so, you will find the folders of the WordPress installation
There is a folder called wp-content
Inside that folder you will find the folder themes, right?
Inside that folder you will find the folder suffusion, right?

If your answers are 3x right, you are a winner ;=)

you must replace the folder wp-content\themes\suffusion , so move to wp-content, then to themes and upload the unzipped folder "suffusion" here so that it replaces the existing folder.

It's easy, isn't it`?

toddwassel

Post by toddwassel » 13 Feb 2010, 11:03

I am having the same problem!!! I have tired to upload the "folder" but my FTP does not let me upload the full folder, only one file at a time. What should I do?

Thanks,
Todd

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 13 Feb 2010, 11:17

What FTP client are you using? You can use something like Filezilla for bulk uploads.

Connie

Post by Connie » 13 Feb 2010, 11:19

toddwassel wrote:I am having the same problem!!! I have tired to upload the "folder" but my FTP does not let me upload the full folder, only one file at a time. What should I do?[
Todd, are you talking about WEB-FTP or about a standalone-FTP-Programm?

I cannot understand that a standalone-program limits to upload only one file
if you use web-ftp and are only limited to one transfer, do not transfer one file, go one level up and mark the folder to be transferred

if you are still helpless, you should ask your hoster's support or read some internet-tutorials, it can't be the way like you describe it
when you start to learn, you will see the progress

good luck,
Connie