Navigation Bar Drop-Down Menu Problems

Reports about issues that you encounter in Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For bug reports please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
MerkabaRider

Navigation Bar Drop-Down Menu Problems

Post by MerkabaRider » 01 Feb 2013, 06:22

Menu disappears when hovering over them

I am using Suffusion Version 4.4.6 on Wordpress Version 3.5.1

I have many pages in my Navigation Bar Below The Header. These pages have many sub-pages that can only be gotten to by following the menu path (for aesthetic purposes.)

Recently (since the latest upgrades) whenever the cursor goes over the tiny space in-between each menu item (between pages and sub-pages), the drop-down list disappears and I have to start the whole process all over. I have tried changing the fade-in effect and changing the rounded corners. Though unrelated, these are the only options I can find to change the appearance and behavior of the drop-down menus.

Ultimately I would prefer there to be no space at all in-between the menu items from page to sub-page or at least that, when I click on the menu items the are not linked in the drop-down menus, that the list stays open until clicked again (like in many bookmark drop menus on various browsers.)

I appreciate any help or suggestions

My website is

http://www.claudecote.com

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Navigation Bar Drop-Down Menu Problems

Post by sayontan » 01 Feb 2013, 06:36

Which browser is this on? I am not seeing any issues on Firefox or Chrome. I even tried positioning the cursor on the border between the menu levels and staying there for some time - the menu always stayed

MerkabaRider

Post by MerkabaRider » 01 Feb 2013, 14:53

I'm using Google Chrome. sometimes the problem is worse than others. The only solution I've found is to wait for a second on the menu item, then jump over to the next one very quickly.

I'll try it on other browsers to see if that is changes anything.

But is there a way to have it so that the menu items do not have that space between them; so that they are connected?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it. And I think that your theme is by far the best theme available. Keep up the great work!

onlinershub

Post by onlinershub » 09 Oct 2014, 21:16

I am experiencing the same problem with my site too. I made an alternative instead by creating a custom menu, just to have the Home Page & About Page. I have ben tweaking it for quite sometimes already, but I can get a solution to that problem.

drake

Post by drake » 08 Nov 2014, 19:13

At Suffusion Options -> Skinning -> Navigation Bar Above (or Below) Header select a border of 1px width of the same color as menu tabs, otherwise you have a gap of 1px between menu and submenus where the cursor not hover on nothing making the manu to dissapear.