Bulgarian translation

Translations of Suffusion into other languages. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
mtotev

Bulgarian translation

Post by mtotev » 06 Dec 2014, 10:37

Hey there,
Please advise me on how to create and install a Bulgarian translation of the suffusion theme.
Thank you!

Best,
Martin

drake

Re: Bulgarian translation

Post by drake » 06 Dec 2014, 12:19

Check this page and tweet Sayontan about your intention: http://pool.aquoid.com/translations/projects/suffusion

mtotev

Post by mtotev » 07 Dec 2014, 06:16

Hey Drake,

I checked the link you gave me and there is no existing Bulgarian translation. I tweeted Sayontan a week ago, but I still have no reply. How long does he usually take to reply?

Thanks for the assistance!

drake

Post by drake » 07 Dec 2014, 07:52

I don't know... I never tweeted Sayontan...

Until you will receive a response, I can suggest to follow advices from this article: http://aquoid.com/news/themes/suffusion ... suffusion/

There is a section about translating the theme offline and the mentioned file, suffusion.po, is still present in /translation/ folder of the latest version of theme, downloaded from repository.

After you will finish the translation, can upload it here, on forum, so other people can use it until Sayontan will have time to add a new translation on GlotPress.

mtotev

Post by mtotev » 06 Jan 2015, 10:54

Hello Drake.
I am currently trying to translate the suffusion theme in Bulgarian. I downloaded the file, opened the suffusion.po file... after translating everything needed I tried saving the file however POEdit does not allow me to save as it detects 2 errors.

Error:duplicate message definition
this is the location of the first definition

And I have the text "Custom Post Type Archive" highlighted in red.
How can I go about it and successfully save and upload the file?

Thanks!
Martin

drake

Post by drake » 06 Jan 2015, 12:29

I can suggest to open your translated po file with a simple text editor (I prefer Notepad++, a free text editor with a lot of features for developers) - maybe it worth to make a copy of your translated po file to keep it for backup purposes. Will see that the po file is a simple text file organised in groups of three lines followed by an empty line as separator.
Near to the end of the file will find this group:

Code: Select all

#. Template Name of the plugin/theme
msgid "Custom Post Type Archive"
msgstr ""
Remove that group and an empty line, so the pattern will be respected. Save the file and close the editor. Open again the file with POedit and re-save - now the mo file will be generated.

mtotev

Post by mtotev » 06 Jan 2015, 14:27

Hey Drake!

It worked fine. Thanks a lot.

So now I finished the translation (see files attached). As per the instructions I uploaded them to the translation folder. I also added
define('WPLANG', 'bg_BG');
to the wp-config.php file. But the translation is not working.
In addition, I created a 'translation' folder in the child theme and sopied the .po and .mo files there. I also created a 'languages' directory and copied the files there (as per the instruction in the wp-config.php file).

After all that, the translation is not working. I did not translated every single line but for example things like "comments" "responses" "tags" "edit" "reply" etc. should be shown in Bulgarian.

Could you please tell me where I make a mistake here?
Thanks a lot!
Martin
Attachments
bg_BG.rar
(11.9 KiB) Downloaded 670 times

drake

Post by drake » 08 Jan 2015, 20:22

You get translation to work - what you did?

mtotev

Post by mtotev » 09 Jan 2015, 08:15

Settings => General => Site Language: Bulgarian

Looks like I had to switch that from English to Bulgarian. Much easier than I thought :)

Thank you anyways!