Photonic

General questions on how to do things using Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For support topics please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
rrosen1

Photonic

Post by rrosen1 » 19 May 2016, 11:29

I installed and activated the Photonic plug in and filled everything out. I would like to make it my new static page and make my static page my blog page. What and where are the codes located to set up the new page? Also I can't find where I change the width of the page. Once the Photonic page is up can I add text boxes.

drake

Re: Photonic

Post by drake » 19 May 2016, 14:56

I don't understand... How can try to make Photonic (a plugin for displaying galleries) a page? Themes are responsible for displaying pages... Then, on any theme you choose, use the shortcode for Photonic for displaying the galleries on the pages....

Nexts phrases are even more confusing... A static page CANNOT be blog page... A static page is meant for static information, which aren't changed often... like a "contact" or "about us" page... vs the blog page which display all your posts in descending order, from the most recent to the oldest one...

The width of page can be changed in Suffusion (if you use this theme) at Suffusion Options -> Layouts -> Default Sidebar Layout (and on other Layouts if you use them on particular pages). BUT NOT IN PHOTONIC... it is a plugin for displaying images in any theme......

Finally you kill me to dead... "Once the Photonic page is up can I add text boxes."... I'm speechless... text boxes... photonic... looks like understandable words, but I cannot glue them together...

rrosen1

Re: Photonic

Post by rrosen1 » 20 May 2016, 04:16

I thank you for attempting to understand. In the shower this morning I finally figured it all out. I thought my home page was a static page but since I am posting to it is not static. As for the text boxes I forgot I can add text widgets anywhere on the page. That's what I was think about. I just have to figure out how to do it. I have been using WP-Smugmug and again I figured out how it was really working and it might be better than Photonic.

I think all this madness started because. I am now sort of retired and with my extra time I wanted to try to market my photography more. I am also think about offering professionally done slide shows for sale and I was trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my website. www.appleledgephotography.com

Than you for your help.