Widget Area Above Footer not displaying

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
mediaanimalspr

Widget Area Above Footer not displaying

Post by mediaanimalspr » 16 Dec 2011, 17:31

I've just set up a new installation of Wordpress and found Suffusion which looks great. I've been able to customise the header and menu's to look how I'd like them to and love the flexibility of it.

I want a menu at the bottom of my pages, and so added a new "footer" menu to the menu's list, then added a Custom Menu widget with the "footer" menu in it to the Widget Area Above Footer, but it won't display.

I've tried adding other widgets to this same widget box, but nothing appears "above the footer" on any page. I've added the code "#cred { height: auto; }" into the Back-End, Custom Includes, CSS section as per a suggestion I found elsewhere, but still no success, so taken it out.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing/not doing that's making this not work? site name: http://quicksimpleproducts.com/aminur/

PS. Ideally I'd actually like the menu under the current footer text, or in the centre of the footer line. I've seen some of the sites with this theme where there is other stuff in this section so figure it must be possible.

Theme Suffusion – 3.9.4 with 5 Widgets
Using WordPress 3.3.

Thanks
Debbie
Last edited by mediaanimalspr on 16 Dec 2011, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Widget Area Above Footer not displaying

Post by sayontan » 16 Dec 2011, 17:35

Have you "enabled" the widget area in the settings? Go to Sidebars -> Widget Area Above Footer to do it.

mediaanimalspr

Post by mediaanimalspr » 16 Dec 2011, 17:39

I've dragged a widget over into the box, which is the same as I did for the Sidebar 1. Not sure what else to do here.
Ok. Read your reply properly, and have now enabled. And the menu is showing, but like a list, not as a menu. What I was looking for was to be able to put a menu down the bottom similar in look and function to the top menu, but putting my disclaimers and other stuff that I don't want on the top menu.
Last edited by mediaanimalspr on 16 Dec 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 16 Dec 2011, 17:42

I meant, go to Suffusion Options -> Sidebars -> Widget Area Above Footer, then switch on the sidebar.

mediaanimalspr

Post by mediaanimalspr » 16 Dec 2011, 17:48

Is a menu down the bottom similar in look and function to the top menu possible using the setup?

mediaanimalspr

Post by mediaanimalspr » 16 Dec 2011, 20:49

One more question that has me stumped.

Where do I change the font/colour/size of the Title and Tagline on the website, without importing an image?

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 16 Dec 2011, 23:52

mediaanimalspr wrote:Is a menu down the bottom similar in look and function to the top menu possible using the setup?
You will need a significant amount of CSS hacks to get that effect.

mediaanimalspr

Post by mediaanimalspr » 18 Dec 2011, 19:33

:cry: :idea: Is there any way this could go onto a wishlist? :D

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 18 Dec 2011, 19:50

Not for the foreseeable future.

myob9a

Post by myob9a » 11 Jan 2014, 22:24

I am using the theme Minima and no matter how I approach it the content for the Widget Area Above Footer displays under the Wrapper. The footer does the same.

And yes I have tried Footer layout style to be within the Wrapper (now reset to Default to give a better appearance) and the Widget is turned on. See http://majura.org

Any thoughts