General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
I notice that my admin username is visible if I look at my blog source code. This meas it is visible to anyone.
Also the admin name also is visible if I hover over the post author (even though I have changed it to show a nickname, not my admin name).
This seems like a serious breach of security and all it would take is for someone to crack the password because the admin name in visible.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 05 May 2012, 13:18
This is a non-issue. And if you perceive this as an issue, this forum isn't the right place for it.
Any site is going to have a limited number of users. And each user will have an author URL, which will have the author's login name. You could decide not to have the user's URL shown where Suffusion shows them, by switching of the "Posted By" information on the Other Graphical Elements -> Post and Page Bylines. This will not turn off any author URL information that WP itself prints, and might impact some aspects of search engine results. Another alternative is to create a dedicated admin user and relegate all other users to contributors.
Either way, the user's URL format is not in Suffusion's control.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10159
- Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
- Location: Houston, Texas
Return to Support Requests
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: draimaPreew, dymnluldefe, Google [Bot], Mitantath, RamblingBarba, tiessyVed and 8 guests