Website down because of rotating images in header

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

Website down because of rotating images in header

Postby clunsyman » 09 Jul 2012, 00:04

I know already from this forum I have first to create a folder header-images in the folder wp-content.
But before I read this I did not doing so:

I filled a name of folder under skinning/header and my website was completely down. From my host Cpanel i read: This account has reached its disk usage quota.

The folder should be placed in: /home/rhmbosnl/public_html/wp-content
The folder (Rotatie header) was not yet created so I think the program lost the possibility to have acces to that folder.

I get the wp-login starting with:

Warning opendir(?home/assennl/public_html/wp-content//Rotatie header)[function.opendir]: failed to open dir. No such file or directory in /home/assennl/public_html/wp-content/themes/suffusion.php on line 1141

Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, Boolean given in /home/assennl/public_html/wp-content/themes/suffusion.php on line 1143

This last statement was repeated thousend (?) times.

What to do??
clunsyman

Re: Website down because of rotating images in header

Postby drake » 09 Jul 2012, 01:48

On web servers don't use anymore folders with spaces in their names. Use only lower latin characters and dashes. "rotatie-header" is an accepted name while "Rotatie header" simply can't be read by the server.

For fixing your problem follow the steps from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7960&hilit=rotating+images+folder
drake

Postby clunsyman » 09 Jul 2012, 02:53

Ths for your reply. I will follow your advise. First I cried and now I start again with installation wordpress....(happily i backuped the database).
clunsyman

Postby drake » 09 Jul 2012, 02:57

You don't need to reinstall wp... Go through ftp and delete only the suffusion folder from wp-content/themes.
After that your site will start again to work with Twenty Eleven theme. Reinstall suffusion from repository, but don't activate it yet. Go also by ftp and delete the lines as Sayontan tells in the other topic (make copies of original files)... Activate Suffusion now...
drake

Postby clunsyman » 09 Jul 2012, 03:04

Too late.. Ths anyway.
clunsyman

Postby rossib » 13 Jul 2012, 18:47

here is what i did to solve the rotating header problem however, I do not know if its normal. the image-header folder did not work, I set to use randomly image in the header setting and the rotating header images works with the images I upload in uploads/year/month folder!
rossib

Return to Support Requests