Main navigation bar setup - Strange behaviour

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Eggicramm

Main navigation bar setup - Strange behaviour

Post by Eggicramm » 08 Apr 2010, 13:07

Hi,

I updated the theme today from the previous version to 3.4.5. Now the Main Navigation Bar Setup shows strange behaviour.

- It is not possible to change the drop down delay (stays at 500 ms, no matter what i put in the field)
- it is not possible to disable the appearance of the categories tab in the navigation bar! Everytime I select "Select none" from the settings for the categories and push "Save" they're all checked again and the tab stays where it has been....

Is this my fault or is there some mistake in the theme?

nick82

Re: Main navigation bar setup - Strange behaviour

Post by nick82 » 08 Apr 2010, 13:11

Hi,
I have the same problem but with the "Pages" on the Main Navigation Bar Setup. Once I "select none" and save, the screen takes me for a few seconds to the Introduction page, then reroutes me to the previous page, but all the Pages are selected.
If I try manually unselecting them it works, but if I unselect them all, the same problem appears.

Catla

Post by Catla » 08 Apr 2010, 13:42

Eggicramm wrote:- it is not possible to disable the appearance of the categories tab in the navigation bar! Everytime I select "Select none" from the settings for the categories and push "Save" they're all checked again and the tab stays where it has been....
Same problem here,
but by "accident" I discovered that if I unchecked all manually, except just one - anyone of them! -
the categories tab disappeared from nav bar...

:shock:

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 08 Apr 2010, 13:47

The "Select None" thing seems to be broken. It probably happened due to the massive recoding. I will fix it ASAP.

I am able to set a different value for drop-down delays though - did you do the "Migrate" after upgrading the theme?

Eggicramm

Post by Eggicramm » 08 Apr 2010, 14:16

yes, i did the migration. but not all of the settings were migrated, for example i had to customize my footer settings again.

Dark_Fox28

Post by Dark_Fox28 » 08 Apr 2010, 15:16

I am having the same problem with categories in the top navigation bar, i cannot disable it. I untick all the boxes but still categories appears in the top navigation bar. I tried removing the name categories but still it appears in the navigation bar.

I'm sure its a simple fix and for now i can leave it there.

I think its great you have managed to get the sql queries down which improves load time a little.

Csmith724

Post by Csmith724 » 08 Apr 2010, 18:47

Just upgraded and I'm having this problem as well now. I'm sure it will be resolved soon. Until then I guess I'm stuck with a categories tab! Could be worse.

Honigkuchenwolf

Post by Honigkuchenwolf » 09 Apr 2010, 01:31

yeah, same problem here, but the trick from catla doesn't function for me...

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 09 Apr 2010, 01:37

Guys,
Please cut me some slack! I did acknowledge on this thread that this is my error and I also wrote saying that I am fixing it ASAP. So while I understand your frustration, please realize that I need some time to fix things and WP needs some time to approve. Everybody writing in with the same bug report, particularly when I have already said I am fixing it is not going to make things any faster.

FYI, I already submitted a fix. Now it is for WP to approve it.

Sayontan.

algore

Post by algore » 09 Apr 2010, 05:08

Oh yeah, I'm having this problem too!.. Just kidding.

Good Job with putting through a fix so swiftly!