WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Adam1940
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by Adam1940 » 09 Jan 2013, 07:43

Hi guys,

I've spent the last hour reading the comments regarding WP 3.5 and Suffusion 4.4.4, and I still can't solve my issues.

As far as I can tell they are mostly in the admin area, and the problems encountered so far include:

Unable to view/edit/create page/post content.
WP menu's not opening up when hovering over links.
Unable to adjust Suffusion settings. Adjusting something and then clicking the save link on the right redirects me to the top of the page (without saving).

I'm sure there are other issues, but the ones above are preventing me from adding new content. I have checked my plugins and switched them off one by one, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adam
Last edited by Adam1940 on 09 Jan 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by sayontan » 09 Jan 2013, 07:53

Adam1940 wrote:Unable to view/edit/create page/post content.
WP menu's not opening up when hovering over links.
Unable to adjust Suffusion settings. Adjusting something and then clicking the save link on the right redirects me to the top of the page (without saving).
As mentioned in ALL other similar posts, this is not a Suffusion bug. You have one or more plugins that do not work with WP 3.5. Disable all your plugins and try reactivating them one by one to see which one is the culprit.

Adam1940
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by Adam1940 » 09 Jan 2013, 08:02

sayontan wrote: As mentioned in ALL other similar posts, this is not a Suffusion bug. You have one or more plugins that do not work with WP 3.5. Disable all your plugins and reactivate them one by one to see which one is the culprit.
Thanks for the quick reply Sayontan.

I have tried this, and to double check I just deactivated all plugins to check them all and the problems are still there (with all plugins deactivated).

What should i try next?

Many thanks,

Adam

EDIT: just to add, my 'Incoming Links' thing on my WP dashboard is stuck on "Loading..." and has been since upgrading to 3.5 and 4.4.4.
Last edited by Adam1940 on 09 Jan 2013, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by sayontan » 09 Jan 2013, 08:04

Make sure your cache is cleared and / or try a different browser (with all plugins deactivated).

drake
Posts: 6223
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 07:56
Location: Constanta, Romania
Contact:

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by drake » 09 Jan 2013, 08:09

If you still have problems after you follow Sayontan suggestion make sure that you have at least PHP 5.3 on your server.

Try to enable wp-debug in wp-config.php (there is a line which say define('WP_DEBUG', false); - change the word "false" to "true"). Then you will see exactly the line/lines of code which create problems.

Also, while you are in wp-config.php add the line:

Code: Select all

define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
just below the line which say: define('DB_COLLATE', '');

Adam1940
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by Adam1940 » 09 Jan 2013, 08:42

Have tried this...still the same.

Thanks,

Adam
sayontan wrote:Make sure your cache is cleared and / or try a different browser (with all plugins deactivated).

Adam1940
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by Adam1940 » 09 Jan 2013, 08:49

Hi Drake,

Thanks for your help.

I tried the PHP version first of all and I'm running 5.2.17.

So my questions are: Is this likely to be the cause, and, how to update it? I'll research an answer to question 2 in the meantime.

Many thanks,

Adam
drake wrote:If you still have problems after you follow Sayontan suggestion make sure that you have at least PHP 5.3 on your server.

Try to enable wp-debug in wp-config.php (there is a line which say define('WP_DEBUG', false); - change the word "false" to "true"). Then you will see exactly the line/lines of code which create problems.

Also, while you are in wp-config.php add the line:

Code: Select all

define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
just below the line which say: define('DB_COLLATE', '');

drake
Posts: 6223
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 07:56
Location: Constanta, Romania
Contact:

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by drake » 09 Jan 2013, 08:54

Depending on your host. Some of them let you to choose what php version will be used (like Bluehost in US), others not. You need to talk with your host.

But try first the solutions which are in your hand (like editing wp-config).

Adam1940
Posts: 5
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 07:34

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by Adam1940 » 09 Jan 2013, 09:10

Thanks Drake,

Ok, php understood and ready to change if needed.

Regarding wp-config, will I find this within the editor in my admin area, or do i have to access this via ftp? I ask because I have just checked the editor and cannot find it.

Many thanks for your time.

Adam
drake wrote:Depending on your host. Some of them let you to choose what php version will be used (like Bluehost in US), others not. You need to talk with your host.

But try first the solutions which are in your hand (like editing wp-config).

drake
Posts: 6223
Joined: 26 Jul 2011, 07:56
Location: Constanta, Romania
Contact:

Re: WP 3.5 + Suffusion 4.4.4 admin area issues

Post by drake » 09 Jan 2013, 10:35

wp-config is located in the root of your WP installation, can be accessed only by ftp.

Locked