Header image not showing [SOLUTION]

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
minty

Header image not showing [SOLUTION]

Post by minty » 11 Apr 2013, 17:18

I just had to update an old site to the latest version of Suffusion and I was having a horrible time trying to get a Foreground header image to appear.

Here is the solution that worked for me:

You need to go to APPEARANCE->HEADER (not the Suffusion options).
Make sure "Show header text with your image" is checked.
Even though you may be using an image rather than text in the actual Suffusion header options, having this box unchecked makes your foreground header image invisibile.

It's not very obvious, so I post it here hoping it will help others.

benjaminb

Re: Header image not showing [SOLUTION]

Post by benjaminb » 12 Apr 2013, 10:24

Thank you Minty

I have seen this problem also
So does this mean that it is impossible
to have a clickable logo with no text?

Cheers

minty

Post by minty » 17 Apr 2013, 21:33

Changing that setting only stops Wordpress from hiding the foreground header (even though it reads as if it only applies to text).

What then gets shown depends on your Suffusion options.

See "Other Graphical Elements > Header" to stop the subheader from showing.

See "Skinning > Header". Make sure you're using Custom Styles, then scroll right down to "Header Foreground Image Type" and choose "Use a predefined image or logo". The next box down allows you to upload an image (or paste in a URL to the image). Suffusion will automatically link a *foreground* header image to your home page.

Hope that helps!

benjaminb

Post by benjaminb » 18 Apr 2013, 10:02

See "Other Graphical Elements > Header" to stop the subheader from showing.
Thanks Minty

That's the missing piece that had escaped me

Jacqui

Post by Jacqui » 05 Jun 2013, 21:55

I'm having the same problem...I've tried all the steps outlined above and my header is still not showing. I have a 'duplicate' sort of site and have followed the exact settings everywhere I can think of and the header shows on the one but not the other. I can't think of anywhere else to look. Interestingly as well, forgetting about a logo image if I just select the show header text under Appearance-Header, the text does not appear etiher. There isn't even the vertical space of the header...it's like it's completely gone.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.
Jacqueline

minty

Post by minty » 05 Jun 2013, 22:02

Have you got a url? I'll have a look and see if it's not there at all, or just set to display:hidden;

Cheers
Minty

Jacqui

Post by Jacqui » 07 Jun 2013, 18:06

Hi Minty, thanks for the reply...omg...I had the checkbox in suffusion options on the page options! I can't believe I checked everywhere but there over the course of 2 days...silly me

BCSpiritBear

Post by BCSpiritBear » 28 Oct 2013, 12:04

Thanks, that helped.

embob

Post by embob » 29 Oct 2013, 20:57

Thanks to all ... yet, being a newb with this AWESOME theme, I don't quite follow the last step/checkbox that Jacqueline figured out ... where is that final missing piece "Page option", exactly? :?

Bob

embob

Post by embob » 30 Oct 2013, 14:18

Got it now ... How To revealed the proper fundamental settings! (Start at the beginning? Whaaa?) :D