[Solved-hopefully] Compatibility issue with IE9

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Whitenorthstar

[Solved-hopefully] Compatibility issue with IE9

Post by Whitenorthstar » 16 May 2013, 08:10

Hi Folks http://www.ghostofatale.com

Perhaps it is my error, but imho there seems be a compatibility issue between Suffusion and Internet Explorer 9 (and I guess, earlier IE versions). It works perfectly with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer 10.

Here is a link to the issue, with all the browsers compared on one image:Image

There seem to be three issues with IE9, marked on the image in yellow:
  • -header is inside wrapper
    -logo is not showing, though text is
    -sub header text is showing
I have followed the steps for posting a foreground image link here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12816&p=49849&hilit ... der#p49849

If it helps, some more info
  • -completely new installation of WordPress 3.5.1
    -completely new installation of Suffusion 4.4.6
    -no custom CSS
    -just one installed/active plugin (WP Super Cache)
    -the logo is a PNG with transparency

Thanks and best regards
David

PS. Sincere thanks for the theme and your mind-blowing support...not flattery, just fact :D
Last edited by Whitenorthstar on 25 May 2013, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Re: Compatibility - FF, Chrome, IE10 fine---but not IE9 *pho

Post by Colin » 16 May 2013, 13:45

David

It is your IE9, it displays exactly the same for me in FF, Chrome and IE9 all looking like FF in your screenshot.

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 16 May 2013, 19:37

wow, I'm puzzled because I tried IE9 with 'compatibility mode' on and off... same result: 3 errors :?:

Anyone viewing this thread feel free to check out the (half-built) site: http://www.ghostofatale.com.

If you can see the 'Ghost of a Tale' logo in the header, it's working fine. If you see 'Text', it isn't working right.

*the mystery deepens* a friend took a screenshot in Firefox and sent it to me last night which the same 3 errors, although my Firefox looks perfect.

Can someone shed some light? :)

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 25 May 2013, 02:22

Alright, it's about a week later and the site is (almost) done.

I've been checking (using emulators and screen imagers) on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer8 (and upwards), also mobile/tablets iOS, Android and Opera.

I don't know why but, happily, everything seems to work reasonably well now. :mrgreen:

JasonSB

Re: [Solved-hopefully] Compatibility issue with IE9

Post by JasonSB » 08 Jan 2015, 08:59

You could use the dev tool that's native to Chrome, laurevdr.

More Tools - Developer Tools.

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 09 Jan 2015, 03:37

Hi Laura

Sorry, its been more than a year since I did this so my memory is a bit hazy As far as I can remember, I mosty used emulators to test early versions of IE, b'cos the other main desktop browsers I was able to test on my PC. For mobiles, I tested android on my phone and tablet... while my colleague tested on his iPhone and iPad. That was the extent of our testing, pretty much ;)

I do seem to remember finding a resource that tries to give a screen image on different models of phone... but I just checked quickly for 30 minutes or so, everything looked okl... it wasn't that useful. Sorry, I can't remember what site that was, I found it through Google.

Apologies that I couldn't be more help
David

Colin

Post by Colin » 09 Jan 2015, 03:43

If you use Firefox as your browser get the 'Web Developers Tools' plugin. This has a Resize tab which shows various sizes of responsive layout so you can check phone and tablet display of any page. It has many more useful development tools too.