suffusion is totally dysfuctional

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Mindy Joy

suffusion is totally dysfuctional

Post by Mindy Joy » 07 Jun 2013, 00:52

the question should be what issues am i not having with suffusion. no matter what i do nothing works. the theme is complex but not esoteric and yet somehow the most simple instructions seem to go into a black hole. i now have a sidebar widget stuck on the bottom right. i enabled the drag and drop for the widgets and can actually drag it but it pops back to its original place. i went to the layouts menu to place the same widget on the left and it won't budge. i have all of the navigation under the header details set and the navigation menu refuses to appear. suffusion is a beautiful mess that promises an exquisite experience but doesn't deliver. the designer is either a sadist or is in over his head. doesn't a detailed tutorial seem in order?

if anyone can direct me back to sanity with this freaky theme i would appreciate it.

Colin

Re: suffusion is totally dysfuctional

Post by Colin » 07 Jun 2013, 04:53

You probably have mark-up errors in your page.

With a url we may be able to help without it no chance.

BTW comments like a dysfunctional theme will not get you very far on this forum. The theme has been downloaded 100's of thousands of times and is one of the most popular free themes. Therefore you should consider your own content before blaming the theme.

mbrsolution

Post by mbrsolution » 07 Jun 2013, 07:54

Hello Mindy Joy, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some challenges with this great free theme. Perhaps you might like to check all of my tutorials to see if they might help you. Please visit the following http://mbrsolution.com/web-tutorials/wo ... tutorials/.

If you have more questions or need some more help please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind and warm regards

drake

Post by drake » 07 Jun 2013, 19:41

@mbrsolution - here are needed some tutorials about basics of webdesign, servers, hosting... then something about ftp clients... followed by tutorials about wordpress, themes and plugins...

From the other question of Mindy Joy here, on forum, we can find how this user tried to use a path from his computer for something used on a web server (images folder for rotating header)...

And we can see how Hostgator sell ftp accounts without teaching their users what are and how to use ftp clients... Otherwise what javascript errors can appear on WinSCP or Filezilla when are used to upload/download/edit files by ftp??? Javascript is used only by browsers, not by ftp clients.... Blame on you, Hostgator, you are worst than Suffusion, and Suffusion is the worst thing on the Earth!!!

Just another MS Word typist who think about himself that know enough about Internet and Webdesign just because, after days of trials, was able to make an account on Facebook...

ganddy

Post by ganddy » 25 Jul 2015, 10:17

Until recently, this has still not being fixed by Hostgator. Shame on them!

jtjack

Post by jtjack » 31 Jul 2015, 23:08

Hi Mindy,

If you are new to Suffusion, you should watch these free Suffusion training videos http://jefferyjack.com/suffusion-theme-tutorials/. They cover all of the basics for setting up Suffusion

Kind regards,
Jeff