Trouble Saving Suffusion Customization Settings

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
pdxteo

Trouble Saving Suffusion Customization Settings

Post by pdxteo » 01 Aug 2013, 22:42

Hi, I just set up a new wordpress installation (upgraded to v3.6) on my domain (dog-cancer-reports.com - hosted on Hostgator) and installed Suffusion v. 4.4.6.

I'm excited to get started (the theme looks WONDERFUL) and started to customize the theme on the Suffusion Options Page.

But every time I make any changes (under any of the sections), and try to click the save/reset button, my browser just jumps to the top of the page and the new settings don't get saved. (Whenever I leave the page then return, the settings are always restored to the original default.)

It seems that the Save/Reset button on my page does nothing except generate the following link:

http://dog-cancer-reports.com/wp-admin/ ... atures.php#

Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

I'm able to successfully customize and save the skin under the "Customize" link in the Themes section of my admin panel (and that works just fine), but every time I try to make any changes on the Suffusion Options page, my changes don't get saved.

Any help/advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the beautiful looking theme, and for your help.

Warmly,
Teo

Colin

Re: Trouble Saving Suffusion Customization Settings

Post by Colin » 01 Aug 2013, 23:57

See this patch by Drake

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24321

astra

Post by astra » 02 Aug 2013, 03:02

Excellent, thanks !

Kartane

Post by Kartane » 02 Aug 2013, 09:33

Hi folks - Same issue here. Tried the admin.js update and save is still not working. any other thoughts?

Thanks!

SunshineFloridaGirl

Post by SunshineFloridaGirl » 02 Aug 2013, 09:55

I have tried manually editing the file AND uploading Drakes patched file. However, I am still unable to save custom changes either. Thanks for trying, though.

pdxteo

Post by pdxteo » 02 Aug 2013, 10:20

Thank you so much Colin (and drake). I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to WordPress 3.6 so quickly. (Unfortunately, I realized that about 10 seconds after I clicked the upgrade link.)

I will go ahead and try drake's patch (or since it's such a new installation, I may just try to reinstall wordpress to get back to version 3.5 until Sayontan can update the theme and fix the problem.)

Thanks again for your helpful guidance.

Warmly,
Teo

rmgross1

Post by rmgross1 » 02 Aug 2013, 11:29

Having the same problem. I'm going to go back to 3.5.

Arch

Post by Arch » 02 Aug 2013, 12:58

Same here. I manually edited admin.js per drake's fix. But still have the same issue (unable to save changes in suffusion settings)

mbrsolution

Post by mbrsolution » 02 Aug 2013, 18:12

Hello all, if you apply Drake's patch make sure that when you save it you also refresh the browser.

Other options to consider are as follow.

1 ) Delete the browser cache.
2 ) If you have a cache plugin installed, clear it "delete the cache".
3 ) You might have other plugins that are conflicting with Suffusion.

Remember that WordPress 3.6 will cause problems with many plugins.

As a number one rule never upgrade WordPress to the latest version until you have tested all your plugins on a test server and or you have created a full backup before you upgrade.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards

benjaminb

Upgrading to Suffusion 4.4.7 fixes the SAVE button bug

Post by benjaminb » 16 Aug 2013, 06:22

Hello

I also had the same problem:
1. I upgraded to Wordpress 3.6
2. I discovered that the SAVE button in Suffusion 4.4.6 didn't work
and couldn't therefore save my custom options

I read Drafie's site, which stated
If you upgrade WordPress to version 3.6. will notice that Suffusion cannot save anymore the changes in options.
03.08.2013 at 13:00 – Suffusion 4.4.7 – which address the issue – was released and can be downloaded from repository – Please update the theme
http://www.drafie-design.nl/changing-su ... press-3-6/

So I upgraded to Suffusion 4.4.6 on my Theme page in the Dashboard
and I can now save my options :-)

+++

Again the save button now seems to work, although as noted by Drake, the page jumps to the top after saving changes
The new version of theme addressed the issue for Save/Reset button but still remain a glitch... After saving always return to the first option panel from options page.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24321

+++

Thank you guys for your help with this.

b