Featured Content Sidebar Widget not showing posts

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
mimikbos

Featured Content Sidebar Widget not showing posts

Post by mimikbos » 07 Aug 2013, 09:15

On Monday it was working with same settings as today. And today, nothing is showing up.

the site is bethjudah.org - see Elul Moments in the right sidebar. I did update a few things since then but what could have happened?

Mimi

Colin

Re: Featured Content Sidebar Widget not showing posts

Post by Colin » 07 Aug 2013, 09:48

One of your updates has probably broken it. Try rolling them back. Alternatively disable all your plug-ins and see if it works again. If it does re-enable your plugins one by one until it breaks and then you know what is causing the problem.

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 12 Aug 2013, 10:46

I'm pretty sure it worked before I updated to latest version of Suffusion. I guess I'll try to roll that back one.

drake

Post by drake » 12 Aug 2013, 17:13

I am pretty sure you updated the WordPress also, not only Suffusion. Probably one of your plugins not work with WP 3.6. because 4.4.7. version of Suffusion is basically 4.4.6. with a single line of javascript changed for administration panels. All the functions reflected in frontend wasn't changed in any way.

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 12 Aug 2013, 18:46

Thanks. I deactivated and then reactivated all the plugins that were recent and it still wasn't working. Must be WP 3.6.

drake

Post by drake » 12 Aug 2013, 19:26

Sorry, I don't understand what is your problem. On the right sidebar you have a Query Posts widget, not a Featured Content slider (that Elul Moments widget). The only featured slider is on the top of main column, which works, but you need to wai for about 1 minute or more for starting. Why? Probably because you have selected the "Lite" version of jQuery Cycle at Suffusion Options -> Back-end -> Site Optimization. Set the "Regular" version and probably the slider will start much quickly.

I always use next options for that page:
site-optimiztion.JPG
site-optimiztion.JPG (93.68 KiB) Viewed 16985 times

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 12 Aug 2013, 20:10

Thanks for the tip on the featured slider at the top. I took down the Featured Content widget because it looks weird to have something up there that isn't working. I put it back up so you can see. I want it to just pull that specific category, Elul Moments, ID=56

drake

Post by drake » 12 Aug 2013, 23:06

For having a category in a Featured Slider widget, need to select the specific category from the dropdown, do not enter any id, anywhere. The ID text field stay for specific posts, and a post with ID=56 don't exist because the id is already allocated for category.

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 13 Aug 2013, 07:37

1. There is no dropdown in my Featured Content widget for Categories. There is however a place to list a specific Category ID which is what I did. I don't want to list a specific post, but list all posts in a Category. Here is a screenshot of my set-up. I have used this slider successfully in many other sites.
Attachments
cbj_slider_widget.png
cbj_slider_widget.png (240.79 KiB) Viewed 16963 times

drake

Post by drake » 13 Aug 2013, 07:47

Yes, I made a confusion with Query Posts widget where the categories are selected by a dropdown. Did you try to check the checkbox "Enable custom image size for featured images"?

And, please, activate the widget otherwise I can't see where the problem reside.