Featured Content Sidebar Widget not showing posts

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
mimikbos

Re: Featured Content Sidebar Widget not showing posts

Post by mimikbos » 13 Aug 2013, 08:39

The widget is activated - it's at the bottom right of the sidebar. I put a check mark in "Enable custom image..."

drake

Post by drake » 13 Aug 2013, 08:51

At Custom Styles add:

Code: Select all

.slider, .sliderContent {height:250px;}

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 13 Aug 2013, 09:14

Better but having trouble getting the image to show up. It showed up for a second and now it's gone.

drake

Post by drake » 13 Aug 2013, 18:42

My guess is that the text push out the images and this can be corrected from the widget options. Try to select the option to show only the post title (or reduce the number of words for excerpts) - it is a small area, 55 words cover all the space. Also, let the text to be only "top" or "bottom" or "alternate between top and bottom" to not push the image to the sides. Finally, select the option to "stretch smaller images to full width".

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 13 Aug 2013, 19:47

I had all of those settings already except "stretch to..." when I select that I get a wacky colored image. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
widgetsettings.png
widgetsettings.png (203.69 KiB) Viewed 17426 times

drake

Post by drake » 13 Aug 2013, 23:35

Seems to have problems with your images. That blue image is in fact a 1px image from your thumb-cache directory enlarged to fit the slider.
- Try to upload a featured image for your post or use the fields for images at Additional Options for Suffusion below the edit area in Edit Post screen.
- Only if you use Photon from Jetpack, try to disable it at Other Graphical Elements -> Miscellaneous (or enable it if is disabled).
- read also this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24499&p=66479&hilit=thumb#p66479 and this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7212#p29812

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 14 Aug 2013, 07:48

All of the posts are and have been using the Featured Images option. I'll keep playing with all sorts of settings. It's frustrating that this is not working now considering it worked a week ago and is working on a couple of other sites I have done some work for. I appreciate all of the time you spent trying to help me solve this however my set-up was pretty standard, the actions I took to add the slider were standard and most of my settings were "default" settings.

mimikbos

Post by mimikbos » 14 Aug 2013, 12:23

After playing with all the setting - it seems to be working now as expected. Again, I appreciate your attention to helping me out with this. I hope I can continue to use it in the future without much trouble.

DaveQB

Post by DaveQB » 02 Mar 2014, 05:11

So what was the solution to this?

For me, the issue is if more than 1 post is selected (either assigning Categories or listing posts with a comma separated list etc) it is not shown. Yet if you look at the page source it is all there.

If I have only 1 post selected, it works fine.

http://www.wsgridiron.com > "Feature Articles Sliders"

Should I not hijack this thread and start my own?

drake

Post by drake » 02 Mar 2014, 10:12

First, make sure that you have "Use Regular version (29 KB)" at the last option from Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Site Optimization. Also, may help to set "Auto-generate the CSS and print it in the HTML source (Least load on server, ugly page source code)" at the first option from that options page.
If this not solve the problem, add at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles:

Code: Select all

.slider, sliderContent {height:250px;}
If the slider still not works post a screenshot with the settings of Featured Content widget, as mimikbos posted above.