Re: New Changes for WP 3.6

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Colin

Post by Colin » 17 Aug 2013, 07:42

Drake

It looks like your fix doesn't work for a Child Theme. Any suggestions?

drake

Post by drake » 17 Aug 2013, 17:46

admin.js or any file from suffusion/admin folder aren't pluggable files, they cannot be copied in a child theme. My patched file need to replace the file from suffusion/admin/js not in a child theme (but you still will use the child theme as usual). It is just a patch, the new version of theme probably will have a definitive solution for the issue, so my patch will be replaced as useless.

If you say that you replaced the file from parent folder, but not work when you try to save options using a child theme, then no, the patch need to work. I always use child themes, so I did the tests with child themes and always works. Sometimes is need to clear the browser cache before the patch have effect - not with shift/ctrl F5, but need to empty cache and delete cookies from the browser settings.

Colin

Post by Colin » 17 Aug 2013, 22:50

This is really odd. It was working fine when I was using the parent theme for several days. Then I created a child theme and it stopped working. Nothing else changed on the site other than adding new pages etc. Most odd. I will try clearing the cache.

drake

Post by drake » 17 Aug 2013, 23:34

That's even odd because by switching to child theme you don't replace anything in the files or functionality from parent. Even cookies need to be already settled right. So, if my patch already works for Suffusion, need to works immediately for Suffu-scion (as is downloaded from Aquoid site) without any difference.

Colin

Post by Colin » 18 Aug 2013, 09:12

I have done some more digging.

The version of admin.js that is live on the site has the fix in it BUT it is 27k in size. I am running 4.4.7. I have just downloaded it again from Drake's site and that file is only 17k in size. Re-uploaded it and now it is working properly. I will have to compare the 2 versions to see what the issue it.

drake

Post by drake » 18 Aug 2013, 10:37

admin.js bundled in Suffusion 4.4.7 contain only the fix for saving options, but will return to the top of option pages.

For correcting this issue I made this new patch as is described on the top of forum. On my site can be downloaded the file with the same changes but in minimized version - with all comments and blank lines removed - from here come the difference in size. I use Cloudflare services for the site, with aggressive minimization, so probably they serve even the uploaded files in a minimized version. However, I tested both versions, the original one (28565 bytes with my changes) and minimized (17838 bytes) and both works in Chrome, Firefox Aurora, IE 10, Safari and Opera (latest versions).

As I said, I am sure that Sayontan will fix this issue in 4.4.8. version and my admin.js will be replaced by the correct file from the theme. But probably we will have to wait until Sayontan will change the theme to respect the requirements of WPTRT, so, until then, can download and use the fix from my site.

Colin

Post by Colin » 18 Aug 2013, 12:26

I have just realised what might have changed. There is a new version of Firefox. It went from 23.0 to 23.0.1 at the same time as I went from parent to child theme. Maybe something has changed in this version of FF.

DougFair

Post by DougFair » 19 Aug 2013, 13:28

Hi. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the responsive layout settings. It was nicely responsive on a site I am building <www.cchrcalifornia.org> but at some point after upgrade WP it no longer is responsive. Oddly, a Nextgen gallery I have in the header shows responsive full images when I click on them, but the gallery itself does not fit in the viewport ... nothing does except the popup images.

The WP install was set at my host, HostGator, to automatically upgrade. This apparently started after the upgrade but as the site is a freebie, I have not been working on it every day.

Doug

drake

Post by drake » 19 Aug 2013, 14:39

Suffusion 4.4.7. is exactly as Suffusion 4.4.6. with a single line of javascript changed in admin.js file. Not more, not less. That line was changed only for letting you to save your changes in Suffusion Options, don't have anything to do with responsivity, or with any other functionality of Suffusion - all of those remain the same as in previous version.

On the other hand Nextgen was also updated these days. And it was a major update, the plugin was completely rewritten. Some bugs are inevitable for such big enterprise - and Photocrati repair those bugs by releasing new versions almost daily.

DougFair

Post by DougFair » 19 Aug 2013, 19:49

Thanks, Drake. You are talking about Nextgen 2. Yes, a major upgrade.

I am a bit afraid to touch my other Suffusion sites until I find out what is wrecking the responsive feature. It doesn't look like NextGen, because I turned NextGen off and the Header and page images are still not responsive. I also installed a test site with WP 3.6 and it works fine so far, also with Nextgen.

I'll let you know if I find out.

Dank U.

Doug