Duplicate activity posts with buddypress

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Miciz

Duplicate activity posts with buddypress

Post by Miciz » 05 Oct 2013, 06:39

I have a problem with activity updates appearing twice in the activity stream. Only updates, nothing else.

I tried even new fresh installation with Suffusion and Buddypress in other domain. Nothing helps. It works normally with other themes, so I guess the problem is in Suffision.

There is similar problems according to forums... any resolution?

drake

Re: Duplicate activity posts with buddypress

Post by drake » 05 Oct 2013, 17:22

See if this topic can help you: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27837#p70702

slips111

Post by slips111 » 08 Oct 2013, 01:24

Just came here with the same problem and found this. Following Drake's link above, I'm no longer using the Suffusion Buddypress Pack, and everything's been working perfectly, which is fantastic, except that now there's this double-posting bug in Buddypress (I get it from any post box, i.e. as Activity, in Groups, etc.). This broke when I started using "pure" Suffusion, without the Pack.

I disabled all plugins except BP, and emptied out my CSS Custom Includes, but the problem persists.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

drake

Post by drake » 08 Oct 2013, 17:17

Ok, now I see, there still exist a call to javascript of buddypress in theme functions, even without BP Pack. By including the same script for 2 times (once by BuddyPress, once by the theme) the posts will be duplicated.

Add in functions.php of your child theme (for be upgrade proof):

Code: Select all

add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'de_script', 100 );
function de_script() {
   wp_dequeue_script( 'suffusion-bp-ajax-js' );
   wp_deregister_script( 'suffusion-bp-ajax-js' );
}
This way the javascripts will be executed only by BuddyPress, without any interference of Suffusion.

slips111

Post by slips111 » 09 Oct 2013, 01:11

That did it. Thanks a whole lot. I was on the edge of learning to live with the default theme, but you guys always come through.

(on a side note - maybe someone could disable the "you should use Suffusion Buddypress Pack" message that pops up in the dashboard if you don't have it installed.)

jroles

Post by jroles » 09 Nov 2013, 11:05

That did it for me, too. I have struggled trying to solve this problem for sometime. I appreciate that you took the time to find and share the solution, Drake.

drake

Post by drake » 12 May 2014, 09:46

@slips111 (and the others interested) - see this post for removing the message about Suffusion BuddyPress Pack: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30570#p76519