Suffusion and WP-United

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
minty

Suffusion and WP-United

Post by minty » 30 Oct 2010, 01:00

Hi Sayontan,

As per posts here:

http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ted#p13275
http://www.wp-united.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2018

Wp-United + Suffusion = broken.

I'd like to us both, so would you be happy to investigate if I create a bare-bones installation on our site with both installed so you can test?

Interested, or is it an edge-case or conflict that's too hard to track down given it's hardly a core Suffusion issue?

Cheers,
Minty
Last edited by minty on 31 Oct 2010, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Suffusion and WP-United

Post by sayontan » 30 Oct 2010, 01:12

This is a really obscure issue that only comes up when you use a specific plugin with the theme, that too, in very specific scenarios (like the use of Featured Posts). Hence this is way down on my priority list, since I don't even know if it is a Suffusion bug (neither do the folks at WP-United). It is essentially an extension of Suffusion to phpBB - something whose implementation has not yet been begun.

Also, please refrain from making offers of money - it falls under solicitation and forms adequate grounds for putting you under moderation (see rule #3 above). You can remove the wording from your original post and if this happens to get resolved go ahead and pay what you like to whoever helps you resolve it.

minty

Post by minty » 31 Oct 2010, 20:59

Hi Sayontan,

1) Figured it might be too obscure, though it's a pity; both WP-United and Suffusion solve major hurdles with Wordpress.

2) Solicitation- oops. I wrote this late at night and may have been less than clear. I was offering *you* rather than anyone else a token amount if you found time to roll a fix into the next release of Suffusion.

I was also calling out to anyone else who might be facing the same problem to also put their money up if they wished it to be the same.

I did not *intend* to suggest that I would be paying anyone else, or that I was asking for money. I just figured that, heck, if enough people were keen, we might as a group be able to at least partially fund your bug-stomping efforts.

Cheers,
Minty

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 31 Oct 2010, 21:10

2) Solicitation- oops. I wrote this late at night and may have been less than clear. I was offering *you* rather than anyone else a token amount if you found time to roll a fix into the next release of Suffusion.

I was also calling out to anyone else who might be facing the same problem to also put their money up if they wished it to be the same.

I did not *intend* to suggest that I would be paying anyone else, or that I was asking for money. I just figured that, heck, if enough people were keen, we might as a group be able to at least partially fund your bug-stomping efforts.
Nonetheless, please remove the words. Whether you offer me money or somebody else it still has the same connotation and I don't want to work based on who is paying me how much to resolve an issue. Even if people offer me money through PM to help solve their issues I turn them down and I don't see why the open forum shouldn't be the same.

minty

Post by minty » 31 Oct 2010, 21:16

Understood and edited.

Cheers,
Minty

paid_user_vc

Post by paid_user_vc » 04 Nov 2010, 13:29

sayontan wrote:(see rule #3 above).
"No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes."

This, to most people, means that your users (or anyone) cannot post offers of paid support, to entice your users to pay the supporter (not you), for help.

I heartily support the idea of paying YOU. Apparently you don't ever want to accept payment, and I can imagine (exactly) why. In which case, you should add "I will not ever personally accept payment in any form, let alone in order to obtain a higher priority or closer attention to a support request."

Clear communication, is vital.

minty

Post by minty » 04 Nov 2010, 15:55

Hey Paid User,

I appreciate your comments, and I did misunderstand the soliciting, but I also feel that if Sayontan wants to keep payments away from being tied to any particular feature/bugfix request, then that's entirely his right. I think the theme and his support are awesome (as do you no doubt or you wouldn't bother to post).

Time to put this to bed and move onto the next thing!

Cheers,
Minty

Ps. But I do wish my favourite theme worked with WP-United :lol:

paid_user_vc

Post by paid_user_vc » 04 Nov 2010, 22:36

minty wrote:I also feel that if Sayontan wants to keep payments away from being tied to any particular feature/bugfix request, then that's entirely his right.
Never claimed it wasn't.

Only pointing out how he ref'd a rule as a response to you, that doesn't really describe/cover his actual goal (apparently, based on his further descrip, here).

You're certainly forgiven for being confused, or for not even realizing how to satisfy what he wants.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 01 Dec 2010, 18:30

@Minty,
minty wrote:Ps. But I do wish my favourite theme worked with WP-United :lol:
It might work now - give it a try with version 3.7.1.

minty

Post by minty » 01 Dec 2010, 20:13

Thank Sayontan. I did a quick check but hit some problems; however, I need to do some more barebones testing because I think it was due to other factors. Once I carve some time away from current deadlines, I'll do so and be back with results.

Thanks again and cheers.