New Suffusion Update Causing Repeat of Tabs on Menus

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
WimScholtes

Re: New Suffusion Update Causing Repeat of Tabs on Menus

Post by WimScholtes » 08 Nov 2010, 13:51

Sayontan,

The same bug appears at my blog so I tried to find the function create_nav_for_entities in functions.php, which I did, but then....

1. I can't find the line
$menu_entity_id = (int)substr($entity, 5);
foreach ($menus_to_show as $menu) {
if ($menu->term_id != $menu_entity_id) continue;

2. I have to replace it with the same?????
$menu_entity_id = (int)substr($entity, 5);
if ($menu->term_id != $menu_entity_id) continue;

Should the first line be a different one (did you perhaps made a typo or do I need new glasses? ;) )

Greetings...
Wim

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 08 Nov 2010, 13:57

Wim,
I need some glasses - better glasses for my eyes, and some new glasses to reacquaint myself with alcohol.

I have fixed my previous post. You are right - it was a typo. The first segment should read:

Code: Select all

WimScholtes

Post by WimScholtes » 08 Nov 2010, 14:08

Thanks, almost solved ;) . I now have only one appearance of the menu's instead of a few times but they are displayed as tabs after each other instead of normal menu's like before. Still trying to find what is going wrong. Changing the settings of the Main Navigation Bar Setup does not change the appearance but then, I'm using WP3 menu's.

Greetings...
Wim

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 08 Nov 2010, 14:20

If I have understood your issue correctly, this might be due to the removal of a feature. See point #1 under Removed Features here: http://www.aquoid.com/news/2010/11/suff ... ion-3-6-8/. You should be able to address this easily, by creating a root node and then adding the rest of your menu under it.

kiwivic

Post by kiwivic » 08 Nov 2010, 20:27

Thanks very much Sayontan, I had the same problem with 2 WP 3.0 menus coming up twice each http://www.redheadedtravels.com - I used your instructions here plus the related "create a root node in your menu" instructions and its now all fixed - I think I am getting better at reading instructions as I go along :)

WimScholtes

Post by WimScholtes » 09 Nov 2010, 00:04

Yep, that's it. Thanks for the help.

valdaoreputo

Post by valdaoreputo » 09 Nov 2010, 01:21

Hi all:

Sorry I could not reply back until now. I read through the forum replies and implemented the specified work around in the "function" and all seems to be good now.

Sayontan - is there going to be a "permanent" fix for this implemented in a future update? I always get a bit nervous when altering code in that the next time something changes, this work around could become undone?

Thanks for your and everyone elses help! Appreciated.

VR

theboytangent

Post by theboytangent » 09 Nov 2010, 05:15

Thanks for your help on this issue Sayontan. All my Suffusion sites seem Ok now.
Double expresso coming your way. :D

Pieter Pflaff

Post by Pieter Pflaff » 11 Jul 2011, 02:47

theboytangent wrote:Thanks for your help on this issue Sayontan. All my Suffusion sites seem Ok now.
Double expresso coming your way. :D
Haha, yes it's about time I sent some caffienated love your way, too...
Suffusion is installed on most of my sites. Time to install it on Magnifying Lamp