Problem between suffucion and Mailpoet ?

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
josuedusoulier

Problem between suffucion and Mailpoet ?

Post by josuedusoulier » 18 Sep 2014, 12:15

Hi there,

I have some problems of compatibility between Suffucion and Mailpoet 2.6.11 on wordpress 4.0. (the web site : http://www.athentransition.be/)
Here's what's written on the screen (which is like chinese for me) when I open Mailpoet :

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/athentra/www/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/athentra/www/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::start_el() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/athentra/www/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

How can this problem be fixed ?

Thanks by advance !!
Josué

drake

Re: Problem between suffucion and Mailpoet ?

Post by drake » 18 Sep 2014, 13:33

There is nothing to fix. "Strict Standards" are not errors, are just warnings which cannot affect any functionality. They are intended to be showed only for developers, and final users aren't affected in any way. Unfortunately, PHP 5.4. combine by default E_ALL with E_STRICT, forcing "Strict" errors to be showed to anyone... or some plugins, like yours and few others, prefer to scare people with those errors instead of focusing on their own code.

Anyway, on this forum was posted a solution which works (implies some changes in php files): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24339

mbrsolution

Post by mbrsolution » 18 Sep 2014, 18:29

Hi @Josué

I have a client running Mailpoet 2.6.11, Suffusion and WordPress 4.0 and they run smoothly 8-)

You can follow the suggestion made by @Drake, and or you can disable debug mode in your .htaccess file which will stop that message from appearing.

Kind regards

mbrsolution

Post by mbrsolution » 18 Sep 2014, 18:34

Sorry I made a mistake in my reply...I meant to type in wp-config.php.......NOT .htaccess........My apologies.... :shock:

josuedusoulier

Post by josuedusoulier » 19 Sep 2014, 04:45

Thanks for your answers !!
I understood there's nothing urgent to fix, and I'll see a bit later how to implement what @drake proposed.
I'm a user, not a developper... I don't know where to make these modifications.
I'll try to find a friend who knows more about that ;-)

Thanks again !!