Drop down menu disappearing

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
jeveons

Drop down menu disappearing

Post by jeveons » 03 Oct 2014, 15:20

Can anyone help me with a problem i am experiencing with the drop down menu disappearing. When i hover over the drop down menu (child pages) they appear but when i try and click on them they disappear - http://thewayoutwest.co/I have tried everything i can see in Graphical Elements, i have deleted menu and started again but can't seem to solve it?
And also how do you make the menu items the same width as the whole menu bar. The red highlighted tab only fills half of the menu background bar.
Any help would be appreciated :) :?:

drake

Re: Drop down menu disappearing

Post by drake » 03 Oct 2014, 18:43

The submenu appear and stay visible on hover. But you have a 20px gap between parent menu item and dropdown and in this gap nothing is hovered, so the submenu disappear.
The gap is generated by this line from Custom Styles (additionally the line is wrong because of the last period which don't need to be there):
#nav.continuous ul, #nav-top.continuous ul { margin-top: 20px;}.

So, remove that period and add another line at Custom Styles:

Code: Select all

#nav.continuous ul ul, #nav-top.continuous ul ul { margin-top:0;}
Or, even better, remove completely that line to not affect the entire tree of lists from menu and add at Custom Styles just:

#header {margin-bottom:20px;}

jeveons

Post by jeveons » 04 Oct 2014, 01:00

Thanks Drake, that has solved it, although now (i am on a different computer) 3 central menu items are highlighted red all the time?
And could i pick your brains on another small issue while i have your attention. I have chosen to not display page title on all pages, how do i remove the space remaining so the text starts further up the page.
Thanks for your help, i am very grateful that there are knowledgeable volunteers like yourself to help amateurs like me stumbling along in the dark.
And thanks to Sayontan for an amazing Theme. I wish there was a comprehensive guide or book to all the features of the Theme, I know it is capable of a lot more than i am!

drake

Post by drake » 04 Oct 2014, 18:06

From my computer the menu look normal, as it should - the previous line from Custom Styles was referred only to menu position, don't have nothing to do with colors or anything else.

For reducing the space before articles can add at Custom Styles:

.post, article.page {padding-top:0;}

jeveons

Post by jeveons » 05 Oct 2014, 01:44

Thanks Drake, yes all seems fine now, only slightly annoying thing is the menu items seem to be 1 pixel fatter than the background nav bar? Thanks for your time, much appreciated

domeman

Post by domeman » 03 Jan 2015, 20:45

Hi,
I have had the same problem on my site http://findplasticsurgeon.net.au
I had been through the setups over and over and could not find out why. Have read this thread and not been successful at the remedy here. Its not exactly clear to me which file I edit as recommended.
Custom Styles.php doesnt have that line of code.
Have played around some more trying various options.
Now everything is a mess. The header banner is tiling, extra menu items are appearing in the menu that should not be there
Compared this site Suffusion options with another site with identical setup which works fine - now I am convinced there is something broken on surgeon site.
HELP!
regards
chris

drake

Post by drake » 03 Jan 2015, 21:17

At Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles add:

#nav a, #nav a:visited, #nav a:hover  {height:auto;}

domeman

Post by domeman » 04 Jan 2015, 07:10