Specify number of posts on blog page, before pageination

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Whitenorthstar

Specify number of posts on blog page, before pageination

Post by Whitenorthstar » 27 Nov 2014, 08:44

Hi Folks

I realise that, if it is a bug, this issue almost certainly isn't Suffusion, but with WordPress

I'm trying to limit the number of posts on the blog page to 4, before it paginates. So I've followed the prevailing wisdom here on the forum to change this setting at 'Dashboard > Settings > Reading'.

Strangely, it DOES limit the number of posts to 4 -but only when I'm logged in to WordPress-... otherwise, it reverts to showing about 10. So I'd like 'normal visitors' only to see 4 if possible. :roll:

Thank you! David :mrgreen:

I've updated to the latest version of WordPress and Suffusion, and the blog is at http://www.ghostofatale.com.

drake

Re: Specify number of posts on blog page, before pageination

Post by drake » 27 Nov 2014, 11:26

You use a caching plugin - try to regenerate the cache on the server. As admin you see a non-cached version of site (because you need to see the changes in real-time), but for visitors are served cached pages and it take some time for regenerating them - these are settings of plugin.

Clear also your browser cache.

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 28 Nov 2014, 06:06

Thanks Drake... seriously the support on this forum just blows my mind!

I'd like to buy you a virtual coffee, please PM me with your info?

Chrome seemed to update immediately, but Internet Explorer 11 updates have always lagged far behind, though I did keep on trying to Ctrl+F5 (for internet explorer and empty cache), but it wouldn't take.

I'm not using a caching plugin at the moment... but I am using CloudFlare, so that's maybe why. Anyway, now that you've told me that developer mode is always current, that really solves my problem.

By the way, in conjunction with CloudFlare, what do you recommend W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, another, or none?

drake

Post by drake » 28 Nov 2014, 07:15

With Cloudflare? Either nothing - Cloudflare serve pages cached on it's own servers, either W3TC but very carefully configured.
But I like more WP Fastest Cache, effective and very easy to configure.

I don't recommend WP Supercache to anyone, even because is a PITA to disable it :)

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 29 Nov 2014, 06:13

Excellent! So as I understand it:

-you'd suggest using no caching with CloudFlare, except -maybe, carefully configured- W3TC ?
-and If I decide to use a caching plugin by itself, WP fastest cache, is the way you'd go?

Overall, what do you think is the best option? :mrgreen:

drake

Post by drake » 29 Nov 2014, 11:22

On my site I use W3TC without minification, but with Cloudflare. In fact, I've discovered Cloudflare first as an option of W3TC, then I found that is an independent service.
For other sites, where caching plugins can hurt more than their good intention (by eg. on e-shops) I use only Cloudflare, or combinations of other plugins with Cloudflare - see my article here: http://www.drafie-design.nl/how-can-eli ... ess-sites/

For simple presentation sites, without too much js & css adjustments, or on servers where I cannot change DNS's for Cloudflare, I use WP Fastest Cache without Cloudflare. I didn't test WP Fastest Cache with Cloudflare, but I suppose that will work without problems (but probably will need to install Cloudflare plugin - otherwise all your traffic will appear as coming from few servers from San Francisco).

Whitenorthstar

Post by Whitenorthstar » 07 Dec 2014, 05:32

Thank yo so much, the quality of support on this forum is awesome ;-)