Strict Standards Warning After Updating to JetPack v3.4.3

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
amboutwe

Strict Standards Warning After Updating to JetPack v3.4.3

Post by amboutwe » 20 Apr 2015, 18:43

After updating JetPack, a warning appears regarding the Suffusion theme. I understand this doesn't cause issues and is simply a warning but didn't see any reports of this error on the board recently. This post is simply an FYI for the developer.

Code: Select all

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::start_lvl() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/timandan/public_html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::end_lvl() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/timandan/public_html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

Strict Standards: Declaration of Suffusion_MM_Walker_Edit::start_el() should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/timandan/public_html/wp-content/themes/suffusion/library/suffusion-admin-walkers.php on line 282

Colin

Re: Strict Standards Warning After Updating to JetPack v3.4.

Post by Colin » 20 Apr 2015, 23:51

This is only a warning and nothing to be concerned about. You probably have debug turned on or you wouldn't have seen the message. There are a couple of older posts about it if you search the forum. If you are really concerned there is a code fix available if you do a Google search it isn't on the forum.

mauryg

Post by mauryg » 05 Jul 2015, 22:14

I am getting the same error when trying to send mail using the MailPoet plug-in and it doesn't allow me to send the mail.
Actually the error dialog appears at the top of the MailPoet dashboard screen even before I try to send the mail.
I just migrated my website http://barronsquare.org from a shared hosting server to a cPanel server on GoDaddy.
After the migration I started getting this error. I do not have JetPack installed on this site.
I am using a child theme of suffusion.Could there be a problem with a file not being migrated properly?
UPDATE: If I switch to the TwentyEleven theme, the problem goes away.
There is another problem with the NextGen photogallery plugin, but that was there before.

FINAL UPDATE: @colin
Looks like you were correct. This is only a non-critical warning. MailPoet is sending the emails properly.
It would be nice to be rid of the error messages, but I can live with them if needed.

Maury

Colin

Post by Colin » 05 Jul 2015, 23:41

Do you have WP-Debug enabled in WP-Config? If so turn it off.

If not add this code at the bottom of WP-Config

Code: Select all

error_reporting(0);
@ini_set('display_errors', 0);

drake

Post by drake » 06 Jul 2015, 00:04

These warnings have nothing to do with a particular plugin or WordPress version. They mean only that your host upgraded the PHP to 5.4. version, or you move on a host which use PHP 5.4.

"Strict Standards" are not errors, are just warnings which cannot affect any functionality. They are intended to be showed only for developers, and final users aren't affected in any way. Unfortunately, unlike the previous versions, PHP 5.4. combine by default E_ALL with E_STRICT, forcing "Strict" errors to be showed to anyone...

Anyway, on this forum was posted a solution which works (implies some changes in php files): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24339