Choosing image for Worpress Blogs

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"

Choosing image for Worpress Blogs

Postby Eliot Y » 02 Feb 2016, 02:17

Hi.

I would like to be able to choose which images appear as the thumbnail for my blogs. If I choose an image as featured image, the image will also appear in the blog, and it doesn't seem I can place where in the blog this image appears.

I also noticed that the first image that is added to the blog is the image that becomes the thumbnail image, which is also not good as I want more control over which image appears as a thumbnail.

Thank you for any tips or suggested plugins to solve this issue.
Eliot Y

Re: Choosing image for Worpress Blogs

Postby drake » 02 Feb 2016, 20:21

Still can use the featured image for appearing in aggregate pages. But choose "Don't show any image" at Suffusion Options -> Layouts -> Layout: Excerpt / List / Tile / Mosaic / Full -> Thumbnail settings -> Show featured images for full content.

This way will have the featured image on aggregate pages ("blogs"), but not in the post itself. Still can add again the same image from media library anywhere you like in the post content, at any other size.

More than that, if you stay on the same Option page and look below at "Image preference order" can see (and move to the top to gain priority) 2 more options for images: "Image specified through custom thumbnail field" and "Image specified through custom Featured Image field". These images can be added on the Edit Post screen, at Additional Options for Suffusion -> Images (below edit area).
drake

Postby Eliot Y » 03 Feb 2016, 04:03

Thank you.

I will try it out next time I publish a blog post.
Eliot Y

Postby Eliot Y » 08 Feb 2016, 07:03

Hi drake,

I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. To clarify, the issue I am having is that the image that appears on the thumbnail (the image that appears on the left when readers are browsing our blog homepage) of our blogs is always the first image I add to the blog. The edit you suggested to the Suffusion settings seems to simply change the settings so the set feature image doesn't appear.

Please can you, or anyone who may have an idea, suggest how I can easily choose the image that appears as the thumbnail of my blog?

Thank you
Eliot Y

Postby drake » 08 Feb 2016, 21:03

I always use the native featured image for archive pages and always works. As you didn't specify your URL, I cannot check your site to see your actual configuration. The same settings for changing the image order can be found at Layout: Excerpt / List / Tile / Mosaic / Full -> Tile layout -> Image preference order (if you use tiles to display your excerpts). Or, if you use magazine template you need to set the order of images at Templates -> Magazine in headlines or in excerpts.

Also, after changing thumbnail settings, may need to use a plugin like Force Regenerate Thumbnails.

Not saying that any plugin or function you may added for dealing with images can interfere with the theme settings.
drake

Postby Eliot Y » 09 Feb 2016, 07:01

Hi.

Thank you for your guidance. Up to now I have been bypassing this issue by making sure the first image I add is the image I want to appear as a thumbnail, but of course this isn't so practical.

Here is our blog url: http://blog.caratsdirect2u.com/

Please let me know if you have any tips.

Thanks
Eliot Y

Return to Bug Reports