"all in one SEO" plugin title & description issue

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
Pilar

Re: "all in one SEO" plugin title & description issue

Post by Pilar » 25 Dec 2010, 22:26

Someone can help me solve the problem: two lines of title page, version 3.7.3
Thanks

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 26 Dec 2010, 12:49

Please read through the full thread. You have to make the change in suffusion_set_title.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » 27 Dec 2010, 21:04

Hi Sayontan,
I've just upgraded to 3.7.3. and tried your fix and it did remove the duplicate page title for me.

On my site http://japaneseartsgallery.com/gallery/ ... i-yoshida/ it also seems to have shortened the page title to just the page name OR post name OR blog title only (eg Japanese Arts). I was running with All in One activated and rewrite titles set on but it looks like that is being ingnored. Suffusion SEO is off.

This is complicated by the fact I have problems with a plugin called NextGEN SEO Titles and that's really muddying the waters. It doesn't work fully/correctly at current WP or NextGEN versions and it won't decativate so I can't remove it. It appears to cause All In One to not work correctly so it may be the short page title is a result of this.

Due to the above issue I've removed your fix and just commented out the lines `echo "\t<title>".get_bloginfo('name')."</title>\n";` and `echo "\t<title>".wp_title('&raquo;', false)."</title>\n";` from suffusion_set_title in actions.php as that gives me the best result. With those removed I get a page title that has both the post name OR page name AND the blog name (eg Toshi Yoshida » Japanese Arts).

If I can ever remove NextGEN SEO Titles I'll give your fix another try.
Thanks,
Mike.

pfradiano

Post by pfradiano » 29 Dec 2010, 02:20

Guys, i am a begginer on this but i read all your discussion and try to inplement the extra "return;" at the code on the actions.php

if ($suf_seo_enabled != 'enabled') {
if (is_home() || is_front_page()) {
echo "\t<title>".get_bloginfo('name')."</title>\n";
}
else {
echo "\t<title>".wp_title('&raquo;', false)."</title>\n";
}
return;
}
page and i almost went crazy cause i have 2 blogs, both with siffusion and AIO SEO and one blog was working....after following all ur instructions, and the other was not. Well, i found out that we need to go to blog features - site ptimization and switch off the GZip Compressions and choose not to cache options...and ....bang!!...it works immediatly.

I hope this can help

dzuchara

Post by dzuchara » 29 Dec 2010, 03:09

FINALLY!!!
thank you very much!!

I disabled option
Use Compression for your site's main content?

And now it works!!!

But now in HTML it has both titles ;)))

Code: Select all

<title>Евгений Павленко (Eugene Pavlenko)</title>
<title>Евгений Павленко » Тёплый блог о Саморазвитии. Сделано с Любовью!</title>
first frm SEO plugin and second from theme ;))

I will think about that case later

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 29 Dec 2010, 09:37

That's very surprising. I will take a look.

dzuchara

Post by dzuchara » 30 Dec 2010, 02:50

I have just added an extra "return ;" like it is written here:
Postby pfradiano » 29 Dec 2010, 01:20

and now I have only one title in my HTML structure!!!!

happy new year everybody!!!!! :D

cjnrft

Post by cjnrft » 01 Jan 2011, 07:34

@ pfradiano - thanks so much for posting your discovery re: gzip compression settings and dzuchara for clarifying and reporting your success.

I just wanted to report that the fixes work for my site too ( http://www.recipe-for-travel.com ).

But, I am wondering how concerned I should be about the trade-off in load times and site speed / performance - I fear it is already very slow loading and do intend to install and configure a caching plugin, but will this be an issue again with an 3rd party plugin, or is it just something within the suffusion gzip settings?

Sayontan, as always, thank you for all of your work and support - you are amazing!

dzuchara

Post by dzuchara » 01 Jan 2011, 09:20

cjnrft, please, as far as you install caching plugin (wp-super-cache?), can you leave your feedback about title issue here ?

Because my blog http://pavlenko.co/ is becoming heavy and heavy, so I am also thinking about caching plugin ;)

Radu

Post by Radu » 01 Jan 2011, 10:42

Happy New Year to everybody!

Something that works for me without so many changes:

Enable SEO for Suffusion (Blog>Features) and set up the Title display the way you want.
You do not have to modify the action.php (adding the ‘return’) and you do not have to play with the Site Optimization as mentioned above – I kept the default settings with GZip compression enabled.
I’m getting the Title from Suffusion (only one line) and meta (description and keywords) from All-in One SEO

Radu