Featured image in Featured content disappears

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
tessmartin

Featured image in Featured content disappears

Post by tessmartin » 17 Jan 2010, 16:55

Hi!
I have a rotating featured content box at the top of my blog. For posts that I want to be included in this box, I always upload an image to the 'Featured image' section from my media library. When I publish the post, the picture is there in the featured content box. However, after I refresh the blog once or twice, the picture is missing. Going back to the post, I see the url of the picture is missing from the 'featured image' section.
I re-enter it, but the same thing happens. It's there for a bit, and then disappears. My site is: www.filmandscissors.com/blog
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Featured image in Featured content disappears

Post by sayontan » 17 Jan 2010, 23:28

I see that you are using version 3.0.9. There was a very old bug in the theme that was causing the featured image field to disappear upon a "Quick Edit" (i.e. when you edit the page without opening it). Maybe you tried a "Quick Edit". This bug was fixed in 3.1.0. You can try updating.

tessmartin

Post by tessmartin » 17 Jan 2010, 23:42

uhm, I've never used Quick Edit, only Edit.
I will try upgrading, though.
Thanks.

tessmartin

Post by tessmartin » 17 Jan 2010, 23:44

If I upgrade, will I have to re-customize everything? As in, re-do the whole site?
Thanks.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 18 Jan 2010, 09:37

If all of your changes are through the theme options screen, then you won't lose anything during an upgrade. If you have edited the files in the theme, then yes, you will lose all of those.