Suffusion 3.2.0 clean install not working & screwing up WP

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
MarieAndree

Suffusion 3.2.0 clean install not working & screwing up WP

Post by MarieAndree » 22 Jan 2010, 19:42

NEW NOTE: THANKS Sayontan for answering so quickly tonight. I used the zipped file you provide in this thread and it did work. Maybe you're right and the zip is corrupted on Wordpress because I tried to install their zip on other sites where I had an active previous version, with the same terrible result. But your zipped file installed and is functioning fine.

I can't thank you enough for your ultraquick reply to my email and I apologize for not using proper channels at the beginning. (There should be a big pounding HEART in the smilies, because that's what I feel for your kind and constant presence and help, and I think you are a man of heart because you are so generous with all this.

INITIAL MESSAGE:

When I installed Suffusion 3.2.0 using the wordpress theme research and installation function. I searched for "Suffusion" then asked that it be installed, that was said to be successful, and then I clicked "Activate": all hell broke loose.

All that shows is a full page of missing files, and I can't even access the Appeareance/Themes section to deactivate it because all that shows up is a series of lines of codes saying files are missing.
In the Control panel, all the sample wordpress articles and pages are transformed into the same error messages.

It's a total mess. Wordpress is a clean install of version 2.9.1 FR (FRENCH). Other themes worked. Suffusion doesn't work and screwed up everything.

This is the first time I've had a problem with Suffusion.

I'm on a Unix server and removing the suffusion folder from the themes folder solved the problem (but left me without my best theme until now: suffusion!!!!)

Please help!

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Suffusion 3.2.0 clean install not working & screwing up WP

Post by sayontan » 22 Jan 2010, 22:51

Since you have posted a message saying "Suffusion is screwing up WP" all over the place, can you please mark this as "RESOLVED" on the WP forum at least? That is the least I can ask of you. Please.

You have unintentionally given me a significant amount of negative publicity, though I helped you resolve your issue almost as soon as you asked me for help (4 minutes as per the FaceBook timestamp, to be exact).

MarieAndree

Post by MarieAndree » 24 Jan 2010, 11:46

Hi,

I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention, as you know.

I still think this matter should be mentioned on wordpress.org because with or without my post, people will go away from Suffusion if we keep downloading a faulty zip file. Just myself and my helper, we downloaded it 3 times from 3 different locations/systems with 2 different browsers at a more than 12 hours inteval and every time the file was corrupted.

There is a distinct chance other people had the problem and didn't bother mentioning it.

Marie

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 24 Jan 2010, 11:57

Marie,
I understand your point and I have raised it with the WordPress folks. I have been told to notify them the next time someone reports this.

The problem with this issue is that it is completely random. I haven't had a problem doing the upgrades on two of my sites, but on the third one I had an issue. A lot of users had no problems with the upgrade, but quite a few users did have problems too.

Sayontan.

MilleSabords

Post by MilleSabords » 24 Jan 2010, 12:29

Hi,

I've just tried an automatic upgrade from 3.1.8 to 3.2.0. My site was immediately broken. I get :

Code: Select all

Warning: include_once(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-definitions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 69

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-definitions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 69

Warning: include_once(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-options.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 70

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/admin/theme-options.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 70

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/sidebars.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/actions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1113

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/actions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1113

Warning: include_once(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/filters.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1114

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/filters.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1114

Warning: include_once(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/shortcodes.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1115

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions/shortcodes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 1115

Warning: opendir(/var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/images/follow) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/widgets/suffusion-subscription.php on line 21

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/widgets/suffusion-subscription.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_option_structure() in /var/www/virtual/millesabords.net/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 151
But i' had read the post above and made a copy of the suffusion directory to my computer. So i made a restore and everything is OK now. But i ca'nt upgrade to 3.2.0.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 24 Jan 2010, 12:42

Download the file from this thread: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=571