Navigation Link Problem in 3.2.3?

Reports about issues that you encounter in Suffusion. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is being officially closed with effect from 3rd February 2019. Future support requests can be posted on the GitHub page at https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion/issues.
pmkelly

Navigation Link Problem in 3.2.3?

Post by pmkelly » 27 Jan 2010, 22:11

Hello Sayontan! Thank you for the 3.2.3 update, which now handles the Featured Content window as you suggested it would. Very nice!

I noticed another oddity, though, after installing 3.2.3. The navigation links all seem to have the following code associated with them:

Code: Select all

target='_none'
This results in a new tab being opened when somebody tries to select a different page from the navigation menu. It only happens the first time, and then the new tab will work as expected. You can see the effect by doing the following...

(A) Open a new browser window. You may need to close down all of your browser windows and start with a fresh one.

(B) View my home page at http://www.pmkelly.com

(C) Select any page other than "home".

It seems to always open the page in a new tab (or new window depending on how your browser is configured).

Is this a bug, or is there some setting that I have missed?

Thanks!

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Navigation Link Problem in 3.2.3?

Post by sayontan » 27 Jan 2010, 22:45

I am paying the price of being inattentive. Maybe I should take a pause and stop coding for a few weeks.

As you guessed, this is a bug. Rather asinine of me to have brought this in. Here is the fix:
1. In functions.php look for this:

function suffusion_get_bookmark_structure($id, $title, $link, $depth, $inclusion_list = array(), $type = 'link', $target = '_none') {
Change it to:

function suffusion_get_bookmark_structure($id, $title, $link, $depth, $inclusion_list = array(), $type = 'link', $target = false) {
2. In suffusion-classes.php look for:

function Suf_Navigation_Structure($ID, $title, $link, $depth, $type = 'page', $target = '_none') {
Replace it with:

function Suf_Navigation_Structure($ID, $title, $link, $depth, $type = 'page', $target = false) {

Bisulca

Post by Bisulca » 28 Jan 2010, 04:27

I changed those files, but now I don't have anything on my pages. Even after replacing the original files.
What did I wrong?

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 28 Jan 2010, 05:47

I changed those files, but now I don't have anything on my pages.
Not sure what you mean. Delete your theme and reinstall it from WordPress.

pmkelly

Post by pmkelly » 28 Jan 2010, 05:58

That did it for me. Thanks for the quick fix!

brightsoo

Post by brightsoo » 28 Jan 2010, 08:23

Hi Sayontan, that fixed it for me as well. My site by the way is tanks.brightsoo.com.

I have a small suggestion (not feature request): When you say "in xxxxx.php look for this", add "at approximately xx% of the way down" to give an approximate location in the file.... I tried to be lazy and ended up skimming through the whole file in the WP editor to find the line near the bottom! :D

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 28 Jan 2010, 08:26

Thanks for the suggestion. My understanding was that most people use Firefox these days, in which case a Ctrl + F searches even in the text area. In any case, I will provide the line number from the current version the next time I provide a reference.

Arnow

Post by Arnow » 28 Jan 2010, 09:34

Hi, I had the same problem when upgrading to 3.2.2 but upgrading to 3.2.3 has resolved the problem. Arno