Navigation bar

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
Eveline

Navigation bar

Post by Eveline » 16 Mar 2010, 02:04

There are 2 navigation bar setups. But sometimes it is necessary to use more than only the three parts: pages, categories and links. Some "free" additional settings in the navigation bar optione would be great.

1. some additional tab menue called pages with free input like "my other pages"
With selecting some special pages from the pagelist. (like in the page setup block)

The idea is, to make "categories" of pages in the nav bar

2. an extension of 1):
setup a single tab called pages and build a dropdown menue AND allow one or more top level pages

So it is able to use some dropdown menues and direkt links to pages (for example) like an impress or business condition

--------------------------------------------------------
kind regards
Eveline

P.s. Great work!!!

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Navigation bar

Post by sayontan » 16 Mar 2010, 05:39

The level of flexibility you are looking for is not feasible. However I hope you know that you are not restricted to 3 tabs. All your top level pages / categories can be moved to the navigation bars.

Eveline

Post by Eveline » 16 Mar 2010, 12:59

Hello! My problem is:
Top level pages in the nav bar have links to the pages.
If there are some child pages, the parent page link cannot be disabled in the nav bar.
Thats all
So I found your 2nd way interesting: Page dropdown Menue, Categories dropdown Menue, Links dropdown Menue-
So I have to study your to generate something like :
Page1 dropdown Menue, Page2 dropdown menue, ... Page n dropdown Menue (n=5 or so) and
Page 1 dropdown menue includes some selected toplevel pages
Page 2 dropdown menue includes some other selected toplevel pages and so on

(sorry for my bad english !)

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 16 Mar 2010, 22:02

You can disable the links for individual pages in the drop-down menu by opening the required page in the "Edit Page" menu.

Eveline

Post by Eveline » 18 Mar 2010, 00:34

Great! Many thanks!!!