Header Image

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
Ray

Header Image

Post by Ray » 23 Mar 2010, 17:43

Any chance of making the area of the header image user selectable - see: MistyLook 3.6.1 by Sadish

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Header Image

Post by sayontan » 23 Mar 2010, 18:15

Not sure what you mean by "selectable". As a policy I don't install themes that are not from WordPress.org, so I cannot try out the theme you suggested.

victoria

Post by victoria » 12 Jun 2010, 10:08

Hi,

I've only been using the theme for a month or so and probably haven't found the setting I'm looking for. But this post is similar to what I was about to request. My website: hinxworth.info (village site) has a header image, but no title for the site as the header image has the title on the image. I would like to be able to click that header image and send the user back to the root of the site (like clicking on home). Is this an option that I can turn on, or is it something I can request?

Regards
Victoria

iconnel

Post by iconnel » 21 Jun 2010, 21:40

I'd like this too. On most Web sites users can click on the header and be returned to the root.
-Ian, www.knighterrantimagination.com

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 21 Jun 2010, 23:18

On most Web sites users can click on the header and be returned to the root.
This has been present in Suffusion since release 1. See the tutorial in the how-to section.

iconnel

Post by iconnel » 22 Jun 2010, 06:25

I have used this page several times before, and either I'm really missing something or the method of linking is unclear. When I enter my site root (http://knighterrantimagination.com) into the header foreground image field of the Suffusion editor, nothing happens.

So perhaps a better question would be "where do I put the link to my root/index page in the Suffusion editor to make the clicking on the header image return the user to the index page?"

Thanks for your trouble!
Ian

Faolan

Post by Faolan » 22 Jun 2010, 07:11

I'm going to be doing a tutorial page on Suffusion sometime over the next month or so when I can find breathing space. I'm currently setting up a new site and it can be difficult to figure out what goes where.

The key areas to look at are:

Custom CSS for the headers to change the height.
Suffusion tab -> Visual Effects -> Header Customisation

You then have the choice of a foreground or background image.

Just make sure that: Blog Title / Header Alignment is set to any value other than hidden as it will over-ride any settings for the header!

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 22 Jun 2010, 07:27

Ian,
The URL http://knighterrantimagination.com cannot be your header foreground image URL. You have to put in the link to an image there, not the link to your site root (your site gets automatically linked). Your header URL would be something like http://knighterrantimagination.com/images/header.jpg, if that is how your web directory is structured.

Sayontan.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 22 Jun 2010, 07:32

Ian,
To augment to my previous post, do this for your site:
1. Split your header image to two files, foreground.png and background.png. Let foreground.png have the text "Knight Errant Imagination" and let the picture of the people be put in background.png.
2. Set the background.png image as your background and set the foreground.png image as your foreground in the header customization section.
3. Make sure you follow instructions in the tutorial, particularly for settings around the "hidden" elements.

That's all you need, really. The foreground will automatically link to your site.

Sayontan.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 22 Jun 2010, 07:36

Victoria,
For your site instead of using that image as your background, use it as a foreground and follow the instructions I provided in the tutorial (link above).

Sayontan.