A few requests

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
robjhyndman

A few requests

Post by robjhyndman » 19 Nov 2009, 19:02

Great theme which I'm using for an online textbook. It would be even better with the following features.
1. Search results should not show dates for pages
2. Search results shown as page/post titles only (not excerpts or full content)
3. The Pagemash plugin doesn't seem to work with this theme.
4. Allow all pages to be included in menus by default (rather than excluded by default)

Thanks.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: A few requests

Post by sayontan » 19 Nov 2009, 22:39

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. I can look into #1 and #2 in a subsequent release.

Regarding Pagemash, I haven't used the plugin myself. But Suffusion provides you a feature that probably is the same as the "Rename" feature in Pagemash. The rest of the stuff that Pagemash does is standard WP functionality. From your page edit menu you can set the parent post for a page, its order etc. And Suffusion picks up all of those. The Pagemash plugin asks you to make a wp_list_pages call, and Suffusion has already modified that call with the renamed page for you. So it is not that the plugin doesn't work with the theme - it is just that Suffusion has its own implementation of it which is embedded in the theme. Again, I haven't played with the plugin in depth, so any information will be useful to me.

#4 is a challenge given the current user base of the theme (> 20000 downloads, probably a few thousand users). I cannot flip the switch on this behavior and reverse this, because people with pages already selected will have the deselected pages become selected, causing general chaos.

Sayontan.

robjhyndman

Post by robjhyndman » 20 Nov 2009, 05:04

Thanks for the quick response. Regarding #4, could you add an option to switch from exclude all to include all? Then leave it as exclude all by default so it doesn't alter the behaviour on existing installs.

jmw

Post by jmw » 05 Jan 2010, 01:49

robjhyndman wrote: 2. Search results shown as page/post titles only (not excerpts or full content)
I'd really like search results in titles only as well. I'm using plugins that seem to change into code rather than do what they do when they appear in search results. Hope that it will be available in a future release. :)

Connie

Post by Connie » 05 Jan 2010, 02:32

Hi Sayontan,
#4 is a challenge given the current user base of the theme (> 20000 downloads, probably a few thousand users). I cannot flip the switch on this behavior and reverse this, because people with pages already selected will have the deselected pages become selected, causing general chaos.
I was thinking about that as well, because I always stumble about this problem when writing an article. I always forget that I have to activate it in the theme options, which is not very userfriendly or intuitive.

As you said just to switch to "active by default" will bring chaos.
But what about one option: "all pages active by default" which will do that in case the user checks that option?
That could be a solution and would be very helpful.

Cheers, Connie

whitingnet

Post by whitingnet » 08 Jan 2010, 04:52

I have to agree with number 4. It's a pain in the bum having to remember to add the page to navigation. In my experience im much more likely to want to include a page than exclude it.

Perhaps a new radio button that says "Show In Navigation Bar By Default" and "Don't show by default" and in the next upgrade have it default to don't show by default. That way new feature but old behaviour for those that don't want it :-)

dberebi

Post by dberebi » 21 Aug 2010, 19:43

As for #4 you might be interested in Pages in Navigation Bar - Exclude option