Export the selcted choices Suffusion

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
chipcain

Export the selcted choices Suffusion

Post by chipcain » 10 May 2010, 11:51

It would be great if after setting up Suffusion (a great theme btw) there was an option to either print a printout with all the selected choices for each option or exported to a spreadsheet for safe keeping. This would allow the user to quickly duplicate the settings for whatever reason.

This thought came about because originally I created a test sight on my personal computer but when I wanted to upload it to a subdomain on my host it wouldn't work. So I had to start from scratch going back and forth from my home version to find what settings I had chosen and then recreating at my subdomain.

Thanks

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Export the selcted choices Suffusion

Post by sayontan » 10 May 2010, 11:59

This is an existing feature and can be found under Suffusion Theme Options -> Introduction -> Export / Import.

chipcain

Post by chipcain » 10 May 2010, 12:41

Wow, thanks for the speedy response Sayontan. And I apologize for missing something so obvious. Now i need to follow those import instructions: That should save some serious work.

Thanks

chipcain

Post by chipcain » 14 May 2010, 07:26

I continue to be amazed with the flexibility of Suffusion, but sometimes I feel like i'm lost in a jungle. So, i'm back with a tweak to my first suggestion. Your original answer provides all I need to know to transfer my settings from one intsallation of Suffussion to another installation of the same theme, which is great. But I would still like to see a print out of all that I see during my tweaking. Not necesarrily for seeing my tweaks but more for studing all the options available to me before I do my tweaks.

My age probably has something to do with my request: I still like the tactile feel of paper in my hands and continue to regret the passing of printed manuals. Havinging a printed copy of "the manual" would allow me to review and consider the direction I would like to go. And add my notes to the pages for future refence. For now I have copied and pasted all the options in a word doc so I could print them but that's a bit clumsy.

Anyway, Suffusion is still a great theme and hopefully I can come up with the right settings and plugins to create a website for the camera club I belong to. If that happens I'll post a link.

Thanks for al your hard work: and you really should provide a donation option somewhere. You're too far away to buy a cup of tea or coffee.

Chip

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 14 May 2010, 07:57

Sorry, not to sound harsh, but coffee aside, this is a free theme with 30,000 lines of code, built entirely by ONE person, bounded entirely by my limitations as a developer and the amount of time I can spare from my real life. I guess your best recourse is to take printouts (maybe screenshots) of individual option pages, for I have no plans or intentions of providing what you have requested.

BTW, a donation button (a coffee cup) is quite prominent on the theme's site at http://www.aquoid.com.

Connie

Post by Connie » 14 May 2010, 09:22

Chip,

why not use a browser plugin to make screenshots from the whole page (not only the viewpoint of the browser, but the whole content of the browser)

you can print that

another way:

load the relevant options page
open up print-preview to check if the whole page is printed out
print the pages using a "PDF printer"

so you get a pdf with all your settings

you do not need all tools in the theme, you can get it easily with existing tools

Cheers, Connie