Facebook API and OpenId

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
rolivier79

Facebook API and OpenId

Post by rolivier79 » 13 May 2010, 13:39

Sayontan,

Thank you for all your amazing work with Suffusion. The functionality is excellent.

I've been experimenting with the new facebook graph api and I must say it's some really great powerful stuff.

Please check out our website at http://learn.compostmania.com

My suggestion:

Is there a way to use the new facebook API's to integrate with suffusion just like you did with OpenID. I noticed when I wanted to accept openID, I needed to install it on a server and it got very technical. However, if people could just come to a suffusion blog and log in using their facebook credentials that would be fantastic.

I'm not a developer, and just playing around with the tools that facebook gives us and a few widgets, I'm really able to do some cool stuff.

Sincerely,

Robert

marcnyc

Re: Facebook API and OpenId

Post by marcnyc » 13 May 2010, 16:32

There's actually a plugin for that called RPX
check it out here: rpxnow.com

Connie

Re: Facebook API and OpenId

Post by Connie » 13 May 2010, 23:42

I hope we will keep Suffusion free from that Facebook Data-Monster :?

you can do everything with Plugins. If you use Facebook, it is up to you. But it must not be included everywhere just because it's there...

We Germans are more data-safety-concerned maybe. But I hate facebook. I love my real friends. I do not need followers :P

just my 5 cents.